There are lot of free and good applications for Blackberry in the Black Berry AppWorld. however, many people like me, are unable to take advantage, as AppWorld is not supported in our countries.

Can anyone guide how to use the AppWorld in non supported countries for OS 6 phone such as Bold 9780 and Torch 9800.

Thanks in advance.
    03-31-11 12:31 AM
    You can't use app world in unsupported countries.. No way around it. That said, if you look around and do some searching.. You'll find most popular apps have been saved off of devices and made available for OTA download. You just have to search.. Typically OTA as the search terms will yield results such as a download link.
    fb1301 likes this.
    03-31-11 12:39 AM
    Thanks dear, but most of the applications OTA download link is not available and usually refers it to appworld.
    03-31-11 04:33 AM
    IF say I found an OTA for Blackberry protect, will I be able to use it while in an unsupported country?
    03-31-11 06:28 AM
    The bb protect can be used in an unsupported country and here are the ota links

BlackBerry Protect OS 5.0: h__ttp://bit.ly/eTRV3v (OTA)

BlackBerry Protect OS 6.0: h__ttp://bit.ly/fy4g7f (OTA)
    Last edited by Joessefeeny; 04-01-11 at 01:37 AM.
    03-31-11 11:27 AM
    Thanks dear Joessefeeny, it succesfully installed on my 9780n however, it is saying that blackberry protect service is temporarily unavailable. I hope that it works tomorrow. Wil update you people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 12:42 PM
    You have to have a data plan to work
    And all who are waiting for the app world for unsupported countries it's here, here are the steps:

Note: You will need to remove/delete App World from your BB by going to options > applications > (add-on or Core )

Steps:
    1. Extract the files
    2. Download an application called BBSAK
    3. Run BBSAK
    4. Connect your phone
    5. On BBSAK, go to Modify CODs tab
    6. Click on install COD(s)
    7. Direct it to the downloaded extracted folder
    8. Select all COD files
    9. Click Open/ok

Your phone will reboot after the installation is over . . .

Here is the zip file:h_ttp://forums.crackberry.com/attachments/f35/69359d1281430441-app-world-1-1-0-33-unsupported-countries-blackberry-app-world-1.1.0.33.zip

Note: you will have to switch the mobile network off

Here is the bbsak program download:h_ttp://bbsak.org/request.php?f=BBSAKv1.9.11_Installer.msi

Wish you nice time
    Last edited by Joessefeeny; 03-31-11 at 01:05 PM.
    03-31-11 12:55 PM
    Joessefeeny, after following the steps, App World asked to be updated. Following the update, App World works again. Thanks for the assistance!
    05-30-11 10:09 PM
    hi guys, i have got blackberry torch 9800 with an OS 6 installed, but the unfortunate side of this is since iam living in the maldives the app world application is not supporting ........... is there a way i could get around it for this application to work in my country.......

i had followed the steps mentioned above, on how to install app world -1.1.0.33.zip as i believe it should work in an unsupported country!

the message i get when i tried stopping my radio connection is "you do not have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless net work is turned off"

and with the radio connecton on it says " data service not operational"

i had switched on my wifi ....... on both these cases.

i need assistance
    07-06-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD