OK this is driving me nuts.

I demoed an app called NextAction! Liked it, bought it from the Crackberry store. Downloaded from OTA link, used it for weeks. Suddenly I get a "demo has expired link." Hmm, odd.

So contact Crackberry, they are trying to help, but I think I need more help. :\ They keep giving me new OTA links to try for the download but nothing works.

It seems NOTHING will overwrite this dang demo version. I have tried:

Just OTA download, reboot, no dice.
    Delete app on BB, reboot, redownload OTA, still demo version runs.
    Use Desktop manager to delete app. Reboot (more than once). Redownload. No dice, STILL get the "demo expired" message.

I'm not of ideas. When I reinstall it obviously hasn't really forgotten the app because it doesn't end up in Downloads, it ends up right where I had the app previously on my home screen.

How do I nuke this thing? Help? I do NOT want to nuke the whole damn phone for one app, not worth it, and shouldn't be necessary. Help??
    12-09-10 02:02 PM
    You may find the program stored its demo status in either the Content Store or the RMS database. You can clear these databases using the Advanced Backup and Restore function in desktop manager. Connect your BlackBerry to Desktop Manager and select Backup and Advanced Backup. In the window on the right, select Content Store and press the clear button at the bottom of the window. Check to see if that solves the "demo expired" error. If it does not, repeat the same process and clear the RMS database.

Post your results so we'll know if it worked.

For more info on the RMS database, see here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/rms-databases-14313/
    12-09-10 05:26 PM
    Hmm, I don't see an Advanced Backup option on my Desktop Manager, but I have a Mac, so I'm used to missing features (dang it RIM, get it together).

I'll track down a Windows computer to use and let you know.
    12-10-10 08:13 AM
    I recommend you backup the RMS database separately before you clear it. It contains the license and setup info for registered 3rd party apps. When you clear it, you will have to re-enter that info. If you find that clearing it doesn't solve the problem, you can restore the database and not have to re-enter anything.
    12-10-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD