I really hope someone here can help as I am at my wit's end. I purchased a Curve 8520 to use mainly with Impatica Showmate which lets me show PowerPoint presentations through my BlackBerry. I need to install an application called Impatica Viewer on the BlackBerry to make this work. I have Desktop Manager Version 6 and have used it to Import the correct file, then install onto my BlackBerry but the application does not appear on the phone. I can see it under Options/Applications/3rd Party but the icon is nowhere to be found. I have seen similar problems on various forums and have already followed all the instructions given there. I have searched everywhere, I have ensured that I am using "Show All" and I have deleted and reinstalled a number of times. All to no avail. Please, please can someone tell me how I can make this application work. Thanks.
    04-09-11 11:08 AM
    Battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks for reply - unfortunately already tried that several times.
    04-09-11 12:03 PM
    Have you tried installing the apps using your BlackBerry browser? Instructions are given here
    Smurfprincess likes this.
    04-09-11 12:05 PM
    Sounds like the app is faulty wait on a up date.

04-09-11 12:06 PM
    Thanks for suggestion. I have to purchase time to use the Browser though so was hoping to avoid that. Might have to try it as a last resort.
    04-09-11 12:08 PM
    You might be right, BrusBerry, though Impatica say they have tried it themselves and it works.
    04-09-11 12:09 PM
    Try it
    http://www.impatica.com/bb/1039/Impconnector.jad

Last edited by BrusBerry; 04-09-11 at 01:33 PM.
    04-09-11 12:16 PM
    BrusBerry, what should I do with this .jad file?
    04-09-11 01:07 PM
    BrusBerry, what should I do with this .jad file?
    Well i clicked on them and they installed perfectly and ran them hoping the same happen to you but i see it didn't work for you sorry my friend.

04-09-11 01:21 PM
    I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid. Yes, I clicked on the link and it gave me the option to save the file which I have done, to my PC. But what now? Should I download that file to the Blackberry? Can this be done through "Import Files" on the Desktop Manager? Then where would I find it on the Blackberry?
    04-09-11 05:14 PM
    did you try right clicking on the url( http://www.impatica.com/bb/1039/Impconnector.jad )doingcopyshortcut then pasting the url into an email then emaililng it to your phone then when get email on the phone. open the email and click on the url . it should go automatically to your browser where you can download it from there
    Have you tried this method before ? it is really easier then it sounds!
    04-09-11 05:52 PM
    Thanks to everyone. It looks as if I am going to have to pay to get my BlackBerry connected up to the Internet and try things that way. Fingers crossed that will work. Will advise what happens later.
    04-10-11 03:28 AM
    Just so that everyone knows, I decided to bite the bullet, got myself connected to the Internet, downloaded the file that way and whoopee, it worked! So everything is great now. Thanks to all for your help.
    04-11-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD