My Storm 9530 began to lag and then went to the white screen App Error 523

I removed the battery, waited 1 minute and re-installed it to REBOOT

The phone completed the reboot, but after "Verifying Security Software" pops up an error:

Uncaught exception: Index 12>=12 and then returns to the App Error 523 white screen

I have not installed anything recently except App World 1 month ago

I installed the most current version OS 5.0.0.328 on October 30th with no problems until now!

Is there a simple solution to this problem?

Should I begin looking to reconfigure a dead blackberry! I understand there is a way to perform this through the commands function on Windows XP.

Thank you in advance for all your help!
    12-12-09 04:17 PM
    c://program files/common files/research in motion/app loader/loader
    it will than walk you through the os reinstall on your device. hope this helps, cheers.
    12-12-09 04:18 PM
    Tried to perform your suggestion...the application loader freezes when trying to connect to the device.

Wizard is unable to read device service information. Any suggestions to bypass this?

The same thing happened when I tried to access the application loader through Desktop Manager - The device keeps trying to connect until the App Error 523 displays again
    12-12-09 04:30 PM
    i had a jvm 523 error with a white screen i called verizon and they told me to pull the battery out and hold the end call button for ten seconds and then put the battery back in. I did that a couple of times and it did not work at first, then while it was restarting I tried pressing the end call button and lock button alternatively about five times each while it was restarting and it came back working as normal
    12-12-09 05:47 PM
    bump!!!!!!
    12-13-09 04:40 PM
    Same happened to me 3 days ago.

Check my thread here to see how to fix it. It wasn't pretty.
    12-13-09 05:28 PM
    I figured it out. If anyone needs help just ask. I did it pretty easily.
    12-13-09 06:18 PM
    Hi Howied35,

I tried NIKE1000's suggestion because i do not want to lose my current information and it described the Uncaught exception in greater detail before it went back to the App Error 523-

By removing the battery, holding down the end call button for 10 seconds then re-installing the battery

Pressing the end call then lock button 5 times alternatively it provided me with the info below!

The Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.GetOrWaitFor(0x7c802477365c398 5)owner died Thread [Thread-70004736,5]

Can you share the alternative way to fix it? Does it require a new OS installation
    12-14-09 02:55 PM
    I figured it out. If anyone needs help just ask. I did it pretty easily.
    Hi Howied , can you please outline to me how fix app error 523 . Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 09:32 AM
    My Storm 9530 began to lag and then went to the white screen App Error 523

I removed the battery, waited 1 minute and re-installed it to REBOOT

The phone completed the reboot, but after "Verifying Security Software" pops up an error:

Uncaught exception: Index 12>=12 and then returns to the App Error 523 white screen

I have not installed anything recently except App World 1 month ago

I installed the most current version OS 5.0.0.328 on October 30th with no problems until now!

Is there a simple solution to this problem?

Should I begin looking to reconfigure a dead blackberry! I understand there is a way to perform this through the commands function on Windows XP.

Thank you in advance for all your help!
    What's up, you can try going into Safe Mode by pressing and holding the escape button for 30 seconds, when rebooting is starting and see, blackberry logo. Now once started continue in S.F delete most recent user application, do the normal routine when deleting., If all that didn't succeed then you might want to do either a user application wipe or data/email wipe, in which most cases like yours cures the affected area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 10:17 AM
    could you please post the easy fix, spent 3 hrs with tech support trying to fix yesterday, they had no clue, neither did the verizon store, I would appreciate any help!
    01-17-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD