Okay, so here is the deal. I purchased a copy of Oregon Trail from Handango.com earlier today, not knowing the headache it would initially cause me. Anyways, after paying for the software, it asked if I would rather have the link for the download sent to my phone via SMS, or if I would rather download the .zip file of the software to my computer. I chose the first of the two, because A) I was at work and B) I did not have access to a computer at the time, (or so I thought. I work for Alltel and all of our computers are firewalled, but I later discovered that handango.com wasn't blocked.) Anyways, about 2 hours later, I still had not received the text from Handango with my download link.

So I resubmitted the number and waited again for the text. Still nothing. So now I opted for option two and downloaded the .zip on my computer at home. When I opened the .zip file and tried to use PocketMac to add the program to my blackberry, I discovered the format of the file was in .jad when it needed to be in .Alx. Angrily I searched for the remainder of my lunch break on ways I could utilize the file that would not work with PocketMac.

The first thing i tried was sticking the .jad and the .cod file that was in the .zip file on my memory card and running it on the phone. It gave me a weird error, can't remember what it was exactly, (something like error 907, missing components of ZIP file. Something along those lines. Ill recreate the issue if it will help.)

So now, I am stuck. I have actually contemplated putting the two files on my private server and browsing them using the Blackberry's browser and downloading it OTA, but that is a huge Copyright Infringment that I dont want to chance. If any of you guys can help me out and give me any suggestions it will be more then appreciated. I have already tried to contact Customer Service at Handango and explained what happened, now I am waiting for them to email me with an answer. What should I do?
    10-23-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD