Singles Around Me has launched on Blackberry.

Here is the description -

SinglesAroundMe (SAM) is a location aware mobile dating app for the iPhone, Blackberry and other smart phones. The patent pending SinglesAroundMe (SAM) app is the new cool way to find singles and it is a must have app for singles on the go like you. Covering the globe, and in your local city, SinglesAroundMe is there. Travel someplace; see who is single around you right now.

The "SAM" search plots your location with singles around you on a geographical Google map, in real time, and lets you control the distance and set results to match your desired profile. From here you can view a user's profile, photos, and send various winks and messages. View their GPS location, add them to your hot list, block list, and control your privacy.

The "Destination Search" option allows you to view matching singles at a location of your choice, in real time. Check who is in a bar before you decide to go, scope out a resort, club, university, city, etc. Meeting new singles has never been easier or more enjoyable than with SinglesAroundMe. With complete privacy, you can turn your GPS location on or off.

-
    Here is the web site - Location Based Mobile Dating with SinglesAroundme - Use our iPone, Blackberry and Android apps
    App is available at App World.
    They have a FREE special running right now, and maybe only for the next day or so - I have no idea.

Disclaimers -
    I am not associated with the app or its developers in any way, shape, or form.
    I did download the app (to get it while it's free), but I have not run it through it's paces other than to get it started and see that it does use my GPS location correctly (it does), and it does show some other people around, although not too many. I'm sure that could be because the app just released yesterday - no idea.

Just wanted to put a heads-up here in the BB App forum.

Later...
    02-16-11 06:24 PM
    I didn't care for this app, but I seen the life time edition for Valentines day, so I downloaded it incase the app does ever interest me. I now have the lifetime version whenever I need.
    02-17-11 05:38 AM
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Its a nice idea. The app needs users for it to be useful - I'm sure that's what the V-Day special is about. Plus, its a version 1.0 app that I'm expecting to improve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 05:45 AM
    just thought I'd tinker around a bit... looks like the free lifetime download is still available.
    07-13-11 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD