as soon as my data was enabled i got an icon to install MSN Live Messenger, so i tried it and everything seemed to be going fine until i tried to log in and got this message

"Handheld does not have the required service books. Please visit http://www.blackberry.com/livemessenger"

i visited the link and it just brought me back to the install file download page/terms of service. Tried reinstalling and on the second attempt it asked me to reboot the system so i did but still no luck in signing in.

any help would be great. i'm not new to blackberries but i'm still pretty ignorant when it comes to the technical side of it. i checked the blackberry site and kinda got lost in a sea of service packs and **** i had no idea about
    07-25-07 04:49 PM
    159 views and nothing?
    07-30-07 02:18 PM
    I was not one of them. I'm checking it now...

Edit: Sorry, T-Mobile does not allow us to use it! A real shame. Hopefully someone else will come along shortly to test it. If you resend the 'service books' from your carrier, would that help? I wonder...
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-30-07 at 02:22 PM. Reason: ...added note, after testing.
    07-30-07 02:20 PM
    the bad part is that Bell Mobility apparently has some sort of deal where they charge you $3 a month for use of the program, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere that i can cancel my subscription because the program doesn't work
    07-30-07 02:27 PM
    ...ask them, your carrier that is, to do it for you! Also, just use JiveTalk! It beats ALL other IM's, believe me. Plus you get a 30day free trial!!!
    07-30-07 02:31 PM
    i'll have to look into that

thank you!
    07-30-07 05:42 PM
    JiveTalk is the way to go for all IM programs...
    07-31-07 03:30 PM
    Have you downloaded and installed Messenger Live? At this moment, it should work, RIM had problems with Live (according to a Bell representative), but it should be working now. What I would do is delete all your service books or just the ones associated with Live and then resend all your service books again and it should work. I'm currently with Bell and when I first got my 8830, I had the same problem and has been working for almost a month now. Reply back when you have deleted/re-sent your service books
    08-01-07 03:40 PM
    still no dice... i removed any trace of live messenger from my device and tried reinstalling it with the link they gave me and i still got the same error... i think i will just give up with it and try this Jive jive
    08-20-07 04:11 AM
    Verizon Wireless does not support Windows Live Messenger on the 8830, even with a data plan. Don't know about other devices.....

HH
    08-20-07 02:38 PM
    you don't need to install it again, once you install it the first time, your service books for the application is saved. go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell
    log on then on the left hand side, click resend service books. You should have no problems with Messenger Live. I've had no problems since they solved their server problems about a month and half ago
    08-20-07 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD