View Poll Results: Did your phone have a 552 error after installing Viigo?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm at least pretty sure the 552 was related to Viigo

9 31.03%
  • No, I installed Viigo and there was no related 552

20 68.97%
    Check yes above only if you received an unrecoverable 552 error and had to reload your OS because of Viigo. By "because of" I mean the 552 happened after installation of Viigo and you can't trace it to something else. I don't want to get into a war over whether Viigo or the OS "caused" the 552. I just want people to vote yes if, in their best assumption, the 552 was directly related to the installation of Viigo.

If you are unsure as to what app caused your 552 (ie., you installed 3 apps in row, Viigo being one of them, and then got a 552)...well then... use your best judgment I guess. Flip a coin, heads vote yes, tails vote no. I don't want to leave out the people who got legit 552s from Viigo but I don't want to inflate the numbers with people whose 552 may have been caused by another app.
    Last edited by Furballz; 11-13-09 at 05:00 PM.
    11-13-09 04:54 PM
    It was Viigo News that did mine. The 'Lite' version of Viigo.
    11-13-09 08:48 PM
    The 552 error is not a Viigo error. It is an OS 4.7 error. This is an issue with OS 4.7.

From what I have seen, I can't tell if it is apps that go over a certain amount of total memory, or a specific number of app installed.

I've had the error come up, delete just oe app (regardless of size) and was then able to install the offending app. This makes me think I've reached some magic maximum number of apps installed, but I haven't tested by deleting one large app and trying to install a couple of tiny ones.

Again, this is not a Viigo error. It is only happening on Tours running OS 4.7.
    11-14-09 06:58 AM
    11-14-09 07:37 AM
    The 552 error is not a Viigo error. It is an OS 4.7 error. This is an issue with OS 4.7.

[...]

Again, this is not a Viigo error. It is only happening on Tours running OS 4.7.
    Please reread the part of my original post where I say, "I don't want to get into a war over whether Viigo or the OS caused the 552."
    11-15-09 03:02 AM
    My only fear is that people will see this post and think that Viigo is the reason for the 552 error. It's not. I've had several apps that brought up the 552 error after installing, and have not had Viigo on my BB for quite a while (I just have no use for it).

I just don't want a Newbie to see this poll and think the reason they should stay away is because it is the main cause of the 552 error message, which is the OS's fault.
    11-15-09 08:55 AM
    Although it does seem that Viigo is related to 552s at a higher rate than many other programs. And really, how do we know what's causing it? The only way to find out for sure is to load 4.7.0.40 and install and uninstall Viigo 100 times, see how many 552 you get; then load 5.0 and install and uninstall Viigo 100 times and see how many 552s you get.

Maybe it's the fault of both Viigo and 4.7. Who knows?
    11-15-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD