I had written off Vlingo before because I really didn't understand all that I could do with it and, assuming it will start to hear my voice commands accurately the more I practice with it.......I think this is going to be a keeper.

A few days ago I posted about this great app I was giving a trial...........Note2Self but actually Vlingo does that and even more and ......it's free.

However, you can upgrade it for even more functionality. Has anyone here done so and was it worth it?
    06-09-09 05:12 PM
    There was another thread a while back and most people did not care for it at all. A waste of money seemed to be the common theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:41 PM
    I would agree. A bunch of bugs. Can't use it to open Opera Mini, for example. I also get a bunch more errors connecting to network. Oh, to have that $18 back! Would NOT recommend.

06-09-09 10:09 PM
    Is there anything else then? Texting while driving ban is headed to gov's desk!

06-10-09 07:27 AM
    Ok, for another perspective check out this thread. These people seem to love it and specifically the texting while driving issue comes up. I, myself, have noticed that I have a very hard time getting it to open up 3rd party apps. Everything in that regard seems to just open up the browser. But for native apps, phone calls and notes-to-self, it seems to work pretty well.

Still not sure I want to spend that 18 for an upgrade only to be disappointed that I can't answer texts or emails while driving. That would be a nice perk.

I NEVER text or email while driving. That's crazy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/voic...essages-33307/
    06-10-09 07:43 AM
    I haven't had my storm long enough to tool around with various apps. But I have used the 2.1 version (free) of Vlingo. And I have to tell you, I absolutely LOVE it. I had no problems with it at all, I speak into the phone, I say Send Text- so & so- Meet me here 10 minutes- and it writes out to so & so- Meet me here 10 minutes. Although, with 2.1 you have to manually press SEND on the Vlingo UI :/ Only downpoint. I was actually considering purchasing the 18 dollar version because the ploy on it says you can do everything without touching the device. To me, that means I can say, Send text so & so- blah blah blah and it sends.. Anyone out there confirm?
    06-11-09 08:05 AM
    I haven't had my storm long enough to tool around with various apps. But I have used the 2.1 version (free) of Vlingo. And I have to tell you, I absolutely LOVE it. I had no problems with it at all, I speak into the phone, I say Send Text- so & so- Meet me here 10 minutes- and it writes out to so & so- Meet me here 10 minutes. Although, with 2.1 you have to manually press SEND on the Vlingo UI :/ Only downpoint. I was actually considering purchasing the 18 dollar version because the ploy on it says you can do everything without touching the device. To me, that means I can say, Send text so & so- blah blah blah and it sends.. Anyone out there confirm?
    Ok, I got Vlingo Plus and I just tried to do the saying "send text" thing.

It worked. Here's exactly how it worked, for poops and giggles:

I press my right convenience key, record my email..........let go of the right convenience key

I then hear who I'm emailing and that's it. Now assuming you've gotten used to your Vlingo, the text should be accurate but you may have to glance to double check. If all is good, you hit the convenience key again and say "send" and there ya go.

I hope that answers your question. I think for driving, it's an excellent app and the upgrade was a bit pricey but I think it was worth it.

You just have to speak a bit robotic into the thing.........can the slang and the heavy regional accents or.........let the thing get very used to you while you go back and correct it when it's wrong until it gets your speech patterns. I just opt for sounding like I'm talking very slow and pronouncing things like a goon.

I'm only worried that it might carry over to face to face, in person convos.
    06-11-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD