I have a Storm 2 that I am unable to run BB Maps on. When I launch it, all I see are the lines, but no maps. It will find satellites and find my location, but NO maps...

I have updated the OS on my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled Maps, replaced the map settings file with one that I found online, copied the map files off of a BB Bold and put them on my Storm 2, re-registered the phone, deleted the service book and had it resent, but still no maps.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Bryan
    08-11-10 01:32 PM
    hmmm...the only time I had that happen was many months ago when there was a bum maps file. I called tech support and they emailed me a corrected version of the file. OBVIOUSLY, that has not been a problem for that app, in a very long time. I wouldn't know what else to try, other than calling tech support.
    08-11-10 01:36 PM
    08-11-10 01:38 PM
    I downloaded the file from the thread, restored it on to my phone, and still no maps... I don't see any error messages, just the black lines...
    08-11-10 02:56 PM
    I've tracked the problem down to the BES server. Here is the KB article from Blackberry:

KB22938-BlackBerry Maps data fails to load when External Services are disabled on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Looks like a known issue with BES and the 5.0 Blackberry OS.

Hopefully Blackberry will release a fix soon.

Bryan
    08-17-10 08:50 AM
    I have a storm 2. With the GPS enabled, why don't they have turn by turn voice navigation? How about displaying traffice and advising alternate routes?
    08-21-10 01:37 AM
    I have a storm 2. With the GPS enabled, why don't they have turn by turn voice navigation? How about displaying traffic and advising alternate routes?
    08-21-10 01:46 AM
    Google maps has traffic but no turn-by-turn navi.
    08-21-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD