Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Has anyone found the REAL fix for BB Maps?

I have a Storm 2 that I am unable to run BB Maps on. When I launch it, all I see are the lines, but no maps. It will find satellites and find my location, but NO maps...

I have updated the OS on my phone, uninstalled/reinstalled Maps, replaced the map settings file with one that I found online, copied the map files off of a BB Bold and put them on my Storm 2, re-registered the phone, deleted the service book and had it resent, but still no maps.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Bryan
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,129 Global Posts

hmmm...the only time I had that happen was many months ago when there was a bum maps file. I called tech support and they emailed me a corrected version of the file. OBVIOUSLY, that has not been a problem for that app, in a very long time. I wouldn't know what else to try, other than calling tech support.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,129 Global Posts
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I downloaded the file from the thread, restored it on to my phone, and still no maps... I don't see any error messages, just the black lines...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I've tracked the problem down to the BES server. Here is the KB article from Blackberry:

KB22938-BlackBerry Maps data fails to load when External Services are disabled on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Looks like a known issue with BES and the 5.0 Blackberry OS.

Hopefully Blackberry will release a fix soon.

Bryan
    CrackBerry User

Smile Why don't they have Traffic:

I have a storm 2. With the GPS enabled, why don't they have turn by turn voice navigation? How about displaying traffice and advising alternate routes?
    CrackBerry User

Smile Why don't they have Traffic:

I have a storm 2. With the GPS enabled, why don't they have turn by turn voice navigation? How about displaying traffic and advising alternate routes?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts
    PIN
    312a4d13

Google maps has traffic but no turn-by-turn navi.