right now i don't use anything like aim , icq, etc. if i choose to delete will it give me more space on my bb? also if in the future i choose to start im'ing can i just add jivetalk?
    \
    thanks!
    01-31-08 07:26 AM
    JiveTalk is the way to go. One application which means it would probably use up less space....Besides if you wanted to add those apps that you do happen to delete you can always download again!

I use JiveTalk and I think it is GREAT!
    01-31-08 08:26 AM
    Yes deleteing unused apps. frees up space, I delete the sample media and pics, voice activated dialing, other languages. I have about 25 mb free space.
    01-31-08 08:30 AM
    You may be interested in this:

Optimize your BB
    01-31-08 08:34 AM
    I deleted them ALL! Except BlackBerry Pin Messenger, of course...
    01-31-08 08:47 AM
    i delete the service books for facebook and handngo as well
    01-31-08 10:40 AM
    I'm on the Pearl 8130, so that may make a difference.

My BlackBerry didn't come with AIM or ICQ but I don't use them anyway. I did delete Yahoo! Messenger in favour of JiveTalk. It's a shame because I really like Y!M better (has buddy icons, etc.), but I can't afford the space for both, and I have a few lame friends who use Windows Live Messenger. This left me with an install shortcut for Y!M so I guess I can reinstall it OTA on demand.

I only need to type French occasionally, but I can't see doing it without French SureType support, so I kept the French input support (432K). I kept the Russian and Semitic character support (10K each) because they are cool and don't take much space. Also, I get about a dozen spam messages in Russian every day. Having Russian characters allows me to spot them more quickly.

I deleted Help which takes a whopping 400K and I don't use it now that I'm familiar with things. I also deleted BlackBerry Messenger, which some may find shocking, but it took 245K of valuable space and I don't know anyone with a BlackBerry so no-one knows my PIN anyway. I'm very tempted to delete BrickBreaker (162K) because I'm really not into games and I can think of more interesting things to do with that space.
    01-31-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD