Breadcrumbs
    Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel who left breadcrumbs?

Well i would like a program that with gps, allows you to leave 'breadcrumbs' or GPS points manually. eg: the use presses the blackberry key and selects 'drop breadcrumb'

The software would have a small circle that turns green when there is an accurate gps lock on the location. Eg: the use presses the blackberry key and selects 'refresh gps'. the small circle turns blue and then goes green when there is an accurate lock on the location.

Each time you run the application, it creates a new 'file' with a default name eg:'location1, 2, 3 ect.' but is user editable.

what are the uses?
    well i do sales. And it would be great if at each house i do a sale, i can 'drop a breadcrumb' and save the file with 'today's date' for example. Then once a week i can email the statistics to myself and print them out for reference.

obviously not to confuse 'work and play',
    I'd like there to be two or more versions. example: 'Breadcrumbs blue' or 'Breadcrumbs red'.

I could use a different colour for example to remind me where i parked my car or where i either made a sale or didn't make a sale.

Do you guys think this kind of software would be useful to you?
    03-07-10 08:23 AM
    gpslogger can mark current position but you have to have it running. Others may also do similar functions. But it is not exactly what you want. Check the gps subforum.
    03-07-10 09:57 AM
    cool thanks
    03-07-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD