Still showing .104 for me even after refreshing browser cache.
    Please try again now.
    04-07-11 09:09 PM
    I may be out of the loop or the beta is not open to me - is there a link to the beta?
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com and I will send you the link for beta.
    04-07-11 09:10 PM
    Please try again now.
    Thanks! Downloading .105 as we speak...
    04-07-11 09:43 PM
    .105 is ready on the beta link.

.105 comparing to .104:

- Added Duplicate menu item (Highlight one shortcut in the SCM's main menu and then duplicate it. using this new menu item)

- The Custom System Menu bug is removed.
    Both the fix for the Custom System Menu and new Duplicate feature work as designed in .105. Thanks again, Vijik!
    04-08-11 08:52 AM
    Just installed the beta.

I have an installation issue. Each time I've installed Shortcutme, I've been prompted to change permissions on the download screen/process. I do so, changing two "custom" to "ALLOW" and save that. But after the install and reboot, I get a new prompt for permissions and try to do it. But at that point SCM stops functions and pressing the convenience key just "locks" my 9650 (os 5, by the way). Only pressing the RED end button returns control. Another press of convenience key and lockup again. I then have to re-edit permissions, save and then reboot (another 10 minutes or so, so 20 minutes for the install). Just thought I would comment on this since it just occurred again.

Obviously, the download/permission prompt and changing permissions at that stage does not actually change them. Or I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have this occur when installing a new version?
    04-08-11 10:46 AM
    F2,

Apart from permissions set by you (or by SCM itself), some BB OS versions asks you for permission to allow SCM to take screenshot. When you are asked for that, remember to check the check box "Don't ask me this question again".
    If you are seeing that effect where nothing happens after SCM starts, you need to delete the app, do a bateery pull, install it again and remember to set permissions correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 01:06 PM
    Both the fix for the Custom System Menu and new Duplicate feature work as designed in .105. Thanks again, Vijik!
    Good news. Thanks.

Guangxiong likes this.
    04-08-11 01:07 PM
    Suspend and prompt macros are not working for me, all permissions enabled and syntax has been checked. Prompt macro does output the message window, but does not continue after pressing the conv key. Same for suspend, it just stops.

Hi, gbsn,
    can enlighten me on how to use suspend and prompt macros? From the name it suggest to me it is used for user inout during macros execution? Thanks!
    04-08-11 07:19 PM
    Hi, gbsn,
    can enlighten me on how to use suspend and prompt macros? From the name it suggest to me it is used for user inout during macros execution? Thanks!
    You can see my macro examples, i use suspend and prompt interchangeably.

When you use suspend in a macro, it "suspends" shortcutme silently from continuing executing the macro until you press the convenience key assigned to shortcutme or you just launch it again.

Prompt works the same way as suspend, but instead of being silent, it pops up a screen with a predefined message and the option to continue or not with the macro.

For example,

keyhello;
    suspend;
    keyworld;

Will proceed to keyworld if you press the convenience key or launch shortcutme again with no popup indicating you to do so (silent).

Then,

keyhello;
    promptok?
    keyworld;

Will suspend shortcutme and show a popup with the message "ok?" and the yes or no options to continue the macro after launching shortcutme again via convenience key. If you press no in the pop up, the next time you launch shortcutme, it wont continue the macro, if you press yes, it continues with the macro (with keyworld) after you press the convenience key or launch scm again.

Suspend is usually better in places that 1. need a high delay time, and 2. you cant set a fixed delay time because the time it takes to perform an action is too variable.

Prompt is good in places where you need to warn the user or ask for its confirmation, usually in macros that have a chance of changing something important, or just for beginners.

Then you have Input, which is similar to prompt in that it gives you a window, but input sets a variable $NAME to a user typed down value. Like input$phone, will prompt you to enter a value for $phone, for which you can type anything. This $phone can then be keyed like key$phone. If you press cancel in the input screen, the macro stops.

Then comes Set, which is similar to input but with no user input at all lol, it is predefined. Works like set$phone=2813443244. Then it can be used with key, key$phone to type it down.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-08-11 at 07:41 PM.
    04-08-11 07:25 PM
    If you want to run an app in the background and you find out that it exits when you run ENDKey macro on it, then you have the option of using the new Launch macro:

AppName: Application A
    Macros: Launch Home Screen

(Home Screen is a ShortcutMe function, but since it is not running any macro by itself, it is fine to run it from your macros).
    BTW, your way IS better on this one! As i discovered a couple of times today (yes, it took me two instances before I realized what was happening), the issue with using the ENDKey macro comes into play if you are in the middle of a phone call when the scheduled macro fires. You guessed it -- ENDKey macro equates to hangup in this situation.
    04-08-11 09:38 PM
    Okay, the talk of an INPUT command got me to try it. I am trying to get to my music quicker.

So my macro open the media player, selects Albums, then prompts me to search for a string (Bra, for Brahms at that point). Now there are any number of Brahms compositions. Is there a way for the macro to allow me to navigate up/down the list (no Liszt pun) and select an album and then have the macro continue where it really only need to Navclick twice - once to actually select and then again to start playing. In other words, is there a way for me to take some other actions (besides $input which are typing keystrokes) like navigating or using the menu? Obviously, I can probably press the pad twice myself but I'm lazy! And just experimenting.

Thanks, you experts.
    04-09-11 09:48 AM
    Okay, the talk of an INPUT command got me to try it. I am trying to get to my music quicker.

So my macro open the media player, selects Albums, then prompts me to search for a string (Bra, for Brahms at that point). Now there are any number of Brahms compositions. Is there a way for the macro to allow me to navigate up/down the list (no Liszt pun) and select an album and then have the macro continue where it really only need to Navclick twice - once to actually select and then again to start playing. In other words, is there a way for me to take some other actions (besides $input which are typing keystrokes) like navigating or using the menu? Obviously, I can probably press the pad twice myself but I'm lazy! And just experimenting.

Thanks, you experts.
    Suspend would work after using keybrahm. It will pause at the list of compositions, for which you can then just move with the trackpad, highlight the composition you want (dont click/press on it) and press the convenience key to continue the macro, which will then do the navclicks.

To have it move by itself, if the list is fixed, like in a playlist and the search results are always the same, you can use navmove in any direction. In this case, navmovedownY, where Y is the number to move down to. Otherwise, you are better off with a suspend and highlighting the result you want, to then have macros click or do anything else thereafter.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-09-11 at 09:57 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-09-11 09:54 AM
    gbsn:

THANKS. I had not gotten the hang of SUSPEND - that is I was not following it by re-pressing the ConvenienceKey again. Also, sometimes in "test this shortcut" it can be confusing where you are since it returns to SCM. So sometimes it is better to save the macro, then actually run it rather than testing.

I've got a Playlist one where it selects a playlist, then I scroll down the tunes to where I want to start but I guess I can now add a Suspend to it, too.

Again, thanks.
    04-09-11 10:07 AM
    gbsn:

THANKS. I had not gotten the hang of SUSPEND - that is I was not following it by re-pressing the ConvenienceKey again. Also, sometimes in "test this shortcut" it can be confusing where you are since it returns to SCM. So sometimes it is better to save the macro, then actually run it rather than testing.

I've got a Playlist one where it selects a playlist, then I scroll down the tunes to where I want to start but I guess I can now add a Suspend to it, too.

Again, thanks.
    Yes, suspend or prompt dont work well with the "test this shortcut" function. You may though, replace it with a high delay just to see how it flows through. Then when done testing, replace back the delay with a suspend.

04-09-11 11:25 AM
    "Test this shortcut" feature was originally designed in to make it easier for users to see if a shortcut launched what they wanted and to find proper Alternative Launching setting without leaving the Shortcut Setting page.

Part of the functionality of Suspend and Prompt macros is to take ShortcutMe to the background and set it in a mode where it launches macros right after it comes to forefront. This doesn't plays well with how "Test this shortcut" feature works.

I will add some text below "Test this shortcut" to let users know about this.

04-10-11 02:42 PM
    Which is better? This one or QuickLaunch and why?
    You may not really want to open that Pandora's box. I've got both and I prefer this one. Both have their admirers.
    04-10-11 04:45 PM
    FYI: Following new macros are getting added to ShortcutMe:

- If
    - Then
    - Else
    - EndIf
    - IsAppForeground
    - IsAppRunning
    - IsCalling
    04-12-11 03:59 PM
    FYI: Following new macros are getting added to ShortcutMe:

- If
    - Then
    - Else
    - EndIf
    - IsAppForeground
    - IsAppRunning
    - IsCalling
    Do you ever sleep?!?
    04-12-11 04:12 PM
    Do you ever sleep?!?

Following macro does solve the problem you were seeing when a macro did ENDKey when you were on a call:

.... ;If2;IsCalling; Then2; ..... ;Else2; ENDKey;..... ;EndIf2; ....
    04-12-11 04:20 PM
    Do you ever sleep?!?
    He hibernates ;D

04-12-11 04:22 PM
    He hibernates ;D

Or, I run Suspend macro!

I am trying to add macros to copy to, and read from clipboard. That will allow you to have access to clipboard from your macros.

04-12-11 06:36 PM
    It will be a full blown programming language soon - TERRIFIC!
    04-12-11 08:00 PM
    Ok this app is getting disturbingly good. Does anyone have the latest version of Shazam? I think it might be the first app that ShortcutMe can't launch. I tried all alternative launchings with no luck. I haven't tried a reboot yet but all other new downloaded apps were launched with SCM immediately upon setup.
    04-12-11 10:06 PM
    ETW:

What do you mean. I just created a simple macro. Shortcut keys, sz and assigned Shazam to them. It launched Shazam. Hmm, what version do I have and what is latest?

2.5.2/6278 is my version. Running OS 5 on the 9650/bold.
    04-12-11 10:49 PM
    F2,

2.8 is the latest version of Shazam.

04-12-11 11:02 PM
1,385 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD