Beware of Handango. I couldn't get my BB up and running and had to call Verizon who transferred me to BlackBerry technical support. It took us almost 2 hours to get it functional again. Lost everything I had on device and had to start over.
    10-09-09 07:39 PM
    Your ability to "fry" a blackberry through software astounds me. Bravo!
    10-09-09 07:48 PM
    Your ability to "fry" a blackberry through software astounds me. Bravo!
    I don't even know why that term is used...someone else used that term while I was telling them what happened to my device. "Fry" to me means physically burnt, melted, etc. In any case, that app rendered my BB completely useless. I'm just letting others know so that they don't have to go through the same problem.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-09-09 at 09:26 PM.
    10-09-09 09:24 PM
    What exactly did Handango do to your Blackberry to stop it from functioning?
    10-09-09 09:26 PM
    Handango InHand seems all but useless anyway, it's fast but doesn't have any screenshots, and doesn't include all apps; mine still aren't there after they've been on the website for two weeks, and yes I updated the list.
    10-09-09 10:56 PM
    What exactly did Handango do to your Blackberry to stop it from functioning?
    I don't know what it did. All I know is that I downloaded the app and soon after that my BB wouldn't allow me to close anyother apps. Then it froze up for a few minutes after which it rebooted and wahla...white screen with "Reload software: 552" error message on it.

The BlackBerry tech said you run the risk of this happening to your handset when downloading 3rd party apps. Run a google search on "Reload software: 552" and you'll see the tech is correct.
    10-10-09 12:31 AM
    Sounds like something just got corrupted through the installation somehow. I think this was a fluke, not the software itself.
    10-10-09 05:49 AM
    Sounds like something just got corrupted through the installation somehow. I think this was a fluke, not the software itself.
    Then feel free to download it to your device. It's not something I wish to repeat.
    10-10-09 03:51 PM
    I don't even know why that term is used...someone else used that term while I was telling them what happened to my device. "Fry" to me means physically burnt, melted, etc. In any case, that app rendered my BB completely useless. I'm just letting others know so that they don't have to go through the same problem.
    I believe that the technical term for what happened to your phone is "bricked."

10-10-09 04:22 PM
    I can completely empathize. When I tried installing Worldmate on my BB, I got the dreaded 552 error. Had to wipe and reinstall. That sucked.
    10-11-09 10:00 AM
    I believe that the technical term for what happened to your phone is "bricked."

Now "bricked" would make much more sense to me. I think "door stop" would be a good technical term for it since it would be a good little door stopper once that error comes into play. Or maybe like the VZW commercial: "paper weight mode."

It was definitely a pain in the rear and all the posts I've read in 4 different BB forums about reinstalling and it taking about 45 minutes didn't apply to mine either. We (myself and BB Tech Support) had problems installing the OS. Finally, we just installed the OS by itself first then went back and installed the default apps. It's taken me a few days now to get all my settings and apps back.

Word to the wise: If you have only had your device for a week still back it up. I went 6 weeks without backing it up...bonehead move on my part.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-11-09 at 05:35 PM.
    10-11-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD