I have heard how great GVdialer is, and after trying out the Google Voice App, I decided to give GVdialer a go. Problem is, I cannot get it working at all.

Installation goes through without a hitch. After, when I go to the GVdialer app, I am getting an error saying "Sync operation failed: make sure google voice password is correct." Thing is, I am SURE it is correct. I have even tried changing the password on my Google account, and then changing the password on GVdialer to match it. Still doesn't work. It just refuses to sync.

When I try to make a call using GVdialer, the bar loads to 78% and gives me the error that they could not connect to my Google Voice account, probably as a result that GVdialer cannot sync with my account for some strange reason.

I have tried multiple installs and re-installs (at least 15). It just will not work. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem may be? I'm using the Curve 8900 on T-mobile if it helps.
    09-11-09 08:55 AM
    I delete the app and re-install it every 3-4 weeks, so I made sure to just save the download link and code. Every time you open the app on your device, does it ask you for your GV password? If so, go to account, Google Voice password, type the password, and save. You should be good to go now.
    09-11-09 09:29 AM
    The problem is I can't get it working to begin with. I have tried a battery pull, re-installing, installing on top of the other version, literally everything.

It just refuses to sync and even work from the start.
    09-11-09 09:31 AM
    About to start working in a few, but I'm going to try something. I'm going to delete the app, and then re-install it and see if I missed a specific step. Brb.

Edit: It's a GVDialer problem, as mines can't sync at all now *sighs*
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 09-11-09 at 09:52 AM.
    09-11-09 09:36 AM
    Alright. Thanks for the time and help man. I really appreciate it. This has been aggravating me to no end for the last 2 days!
    09-11-09 09:37 AM
    I have heard how great GVdialer is, and after trying out the Google Voice App, I decided to give GVdialer a go. Problem is, I cannot get it working at all.

Installation goes through without a hitch. After, when I go to the GVdialer app, I am getting an error saying "Sync operation failed: make sure google voice password is correct." Thing is, I am SURE it is correct. I have even tried changing the password on my Google account, and then changing the password on GVdialer to match it. Still doesn't work. It just refuses to sync.

When I try to make a call using GVdialer, the bar loads to 78% and gives me the error that they could not connect to my Google Voice account, probably as a result that GVdialer cannot sync with my account for some strange reason.

I have tried multiple installs and re-installs (at least 15). It just will not work. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem may be? I'm using the Curve 8900 on T-mobile if it helps.
    I have the same problem, I asked the same question about a week ago and no answer. I have the 8330 on vzn. It did work in the past but will not now. Any help, please.
    09-11-09 09:40 AM
    It must be a problem on GVdialer's end. And the fact that GVdialer Support does not respond to emails does not help either. If they are going to have a product for pay and advertise support, then they shouldn't take this long to answer a support email. Maybe GVdialer has just become outdated.

I guess its back to Google Voice App for the time being, unless someone could find out how to get GVdialer working properly.

EDIT: Thanks, Sinternet Jr. I figured that must be the problem. I wonder if it will ever be fixed since I haven't seen updates on GVdialer in a while. Maybe Google Voice App bought them out? With everything they buy nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised.
    09-11-09 09:55 AM
    It must be a problem on GVdialer's end. And the fact that GVdialer Support does not respond to emails does not help either. If they are going to have a product for pay and advertise support, then they shouldn't take this long to answer a support email. Maybe GVdialer has just become outdated.

I guess its back to Google Voice App for the time being, unless someone could find out how to get GVdialer working properly.

EDIT: Thanks, Sinternet Jr. I figured that must be the problem. I wonder if it will ever be fixed since I haven't seen updates on GVdialer in a while. Maybe Google Voice App bought them out? With everything they buy nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised.
    I am having the same problem... Can't get it to work, even after reinstalling several times. GVdialer and bChat, two apps I would really like to get working aren't. My GV password is correct... does GVdialer require a full email address (not just "username" but "[email protected]")? This is one thing that I cannot change in its settings.
    09-11-09 10:03 AM

I have also sent a number of emails with no answer. I paid for the app and they still don't answer. Bad business!! There was someone who replied to the thread I had started that said he was a tester for them, but he couldn't help either. I hate this not working.
    09-11-09 10:09 AM
    does GVdialer require a full email address (not just "username" but "[email protected]")? This is one thing that I cannot change in its settings.
    It worked for me before, but now it will not. That is a good question, I will see if that will fix it.
    09-11-09 10:10 AM
    bump for some help!
    09-11-09 10:22 AM
    It worked for me before, but now it will not. That is a good question, I will see if that will fix it.
    Let me know if changing this will work for you. I just e-mailed GVdialer support but am not holding my breath in hopes for a reply.
    09-11-09 10:28 AM
    If Google Voice App changed their program to call your Google Voice number on outgoing calls instead of a service number, GVdialer would become obsolete. I really hope they do so soon...
    09-11-09 10:38 AM
    The only problem with just Google Voice is that the number has to be in your address book. If they would change that then we would not have a problem.
    Does anyone know of a way to call number other than in your address book besides GVdialer?
    09-11-09 10:43 AM
    Let me know if changing this will work for you. I just e-mailed GVdialer support but am not holding my breath in hopes for a reply.
    Well I did try it and it still doesn't work!! Back to asking for help!
    09-11-09 11:07 AM
    The only problem with just Google Voice is that the number has to be in your address book. If they would change that then we would not have a problem.
    Does anyone know of a way to call number other than in your address book besides GVdialer?
    that is my main gripe about Google Voice!! I do alot of craigslisting and have to add someone to my phonebook even if i only need to call them the one time from googlevoice
    09-11-09 11:09 AM
    You would think that Google would be able to fix this!
    09-11-09 11:15 AM
    this is ridiculous
    09-11-09 11:16 AM
    Google is dragging its feet for months now trying to fix a GPS lock bug with Sprint Curves and now Tours (which Poyint fixed in its app within weeks). Judging by this "speedy" degree of problem solving on Google's part, I wouldn't expect a resolution anytime soon
    09-11-09 12:26 PM
    That's sad because it is really a good app.
    09-11-09 01:09 PM
    That's sad because it is really a good app.
    "It's great - the only problem is it don't work"
    09-11-09 01:23 PM
    Google Voice works, it's GVdialer that doesn't work!
    However Google Voice could be better.
    09-11-09 01:25 PM
    You guys are kidding about needing to have a number in your address book to make a call on the Google Voice BB app, right?
    Did you notice when you open the app there are 2 sides, Inbox and DIALER?
    This is where you can enter ANY phone number to dial...Attachment 37442
    09-11-09 03:25 PM
    My trial is up in a few days and I was going to buy gvdialer. I guess not.
    09-11-09 03:27 PM
    I wanted to bump my post 2 up since i made it at the end of the day friday. It is entirely possible to dial any number with the Google Voice app on bb.

Also, I beta test for GVdialer and although I can't confirm this, i think they lost their enthusiasm for further development on the app right after the Google Voice app from Google came out for BB and when their iPhone app was pulled. I think they just assumed Google would be offering everything they offer for free, and probably are devoting the resources to other things.
    09-14-09 01:53 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD