I bought GHWT several weeks ago, originally for my Curve but now on my new Bold. Although I try most days I have yet to get a connection to the GH server and so have no songs and am unable to play the game. I have twice e-mailed BPlay support via the form at Bplay : BlackBerry Games, the last time being the 31st March, but I have yet to recieve either a reply or even an acknowledgement that my query is being dealt with. Has anybody else had problems with service from the support people at B Play, or if you've used it do they usually take weeks to reply? Finally is anybody in the UK using GH World Tour succesfully at the moment (my Bold is on Orange UK).

Thanks in advance,
    04-08-09 05:43 AM
    BPlay's support is atrocious. Seriously - I've never dealt with a company that sucks so hard at the basic fundamentals of replying to emails - let alone solving actual issues.
    04-08-09 09:12 AM
    BPlay's support is atrocious. Seriously - I've never dealt with a company that sucks so hard at the basic fundamentals of replying to emails - let alone solving actual issues.
    Thanks TH, strangely enough that makes me feel better - knowing that I'm not alone.
    04-08-09 02:45 PM
    did you try reinstalling the game and making sure the permissions are set correctly?
    04-08-09 06:22 PM
    I did indeed Raghavghei. It was originally on my Curve, then when I switched to the Bold it was re-installed as part of the device switch using DM. Unfortunately when I fired it up it didn't size to fill the screen on the Bold, so I uninstalled and re-downloaded it. As for permissions, they are all set to "allow" so I can't imagine them being the problem.

Thanks for the reply.
    04-09-09 04:16 AM
    Ok guys, this issue is now sorted. Basically in options tcp/ip I had no APN settings - everything was blank. So I made a quick call to Orange Business Services who sent me an update text, then I just entered the setting, re-booted and GH World Tour was up and running. Here's the important bit - how did I find this out? I had a pm from Peter MacDonald of Magmic Games which was partly a forwarded message that was originally sent on April 1st (the next day after my second e-mail to support) and which was somehow lost between them and me. Anyway, Peter is the Marketing Manager and it was good of him to take the time to read about (on Crackberry), then follow up, my issue, and hopefully proves that whatever has gone on in the past that Magmic are now committed to customer service.

Thanks Peter and thanks for the replies all. Off to play GH on the Bold now!
    04-09-09 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD