Hey folks. FB 1.8 is in beta now. Does anyone recall around how long it has taken a beta to turn into a release in the past?

I know its still going to suck, but it apparently actually stores stuff on the phone so I won't get anymore irritating "unable to retreive post" messages. God, that's irritating. Renders even what the feeble app pretends to do useless. I'm rather thrilled to see that fixed.

Thanks,

-Stephen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 05:04 AM
    Its a battery killer too. I "heard" that.
    06-17-10 08:42 AM
    The new app rocks. Im guessing it could be out fairly shortly. Been told a new survey came out and one of the questions was if you believed it was ready for public release. So if most people say yes, you could see it fairly soon.

Havent "heard" anything about it killing the battery. It sounds like its the exact same as before.
    06-17-10 09:16 AM
    The new app rocks. Im guessing it could be out fairly shortly. Been told a new survey came out and one of the questions was if you believed it was ready for public release. So if most people say yes, you could see it fairly soon.

Havent "heard" anything about it killing the battery. It sounds like its the exact same as before.
    That's being asked on all of them
    06-17-10 09:55 AM
    Im guessing Nov or Dec time frame.
    06-17-10 12:03 PM
    Wish I would have gotten the invite to this instead of BBM. I use FB so much more than BBM. Oh well...
    06-17-10 12:53 PM
    1.8 is pretty fast. Sending fb msgs from the Inbox is a lot like sending sms/email/etc. The msg box takes most of the screen now, which I like.

But it doesn't cache the images as often anymore. Every time I open the app my profile picture has to be re downloaded and I'm guessing same as other people's pics in my feeds.

Being a batter killer...if anything the new option to set up the updates polling time (up to every 3 hours) should save battery. This is new right ? I don't remember the old one having this option.
    06-17-10 04:16 PM
    if anything the new option to set up the updates polling time (up to every 3 hours) should save battery. This is new right ? I don't remember the old one having this option.
    Correct, previous versions do not have the feature to set for how often the application 'polls'.
    06-17-10 04:27 PM
    What I'm most curious about is rather or not 1.8 will require BIS/BES service or not. Something which I don't have on my service. Suposedly 1.8 is going to use blackberries new push apis instead of BIS-E. So I guess it depends on rather or not the new programing push apis require BIS itself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD