- CrackBerry User
- 29 Posts
GTD for BlackBerry and Outlook synchronized: version 2.0 available
Hi Crackberry community!
Just a quick note to let you know that we have released a new version of our synchronized BlackBerry-Outlook personal organization solution for Getting Things Done called the Viira Outlook Suite. It lets you organize in powerful ways from both your BlackBerry via a feature-rich BlackBerry app and an Outlook add-in - and syncs the two wirelessly or over USB.
The new version offers:
- Stylish touchscreen interface. Owners of a Bold 9900 or a Torch 98xx can perform most common actions with a tap on the screen.
- Contact integration. Create tasks based on your contacts when you need to call, contact or follow-up with anyone. [Outlook screenshot here]
- Memo/Notes integration lets you integrate notes and memos into your GTD organization system easily. Like contact and any other Viira Outlook Suite task, memo tasks can be created both on your BlackBerry and from Outlook and get synchronized between the two.[Outlook screenshot here]
- A quick add field (both Outlook and BlackBerry client) to make entering a lot of new tasks one after the other quick and easy.
- Print support, compact mode and lots more! Here is a list of all the new features in the 2.0 release.
The Viira Outlook Suite 2.0 is supported on OS 5.0 or later and MS Outlook 2003 or later. We offer a 14-day free trial and right now we are running a $10 off sale of the full version.
As with the previous version wireless sync is automatic and out-of-the-box for all of you with a BES BlackBerry and Exchange. Your data never leaves your corporate IT network or comes in contact with our servers (ditto for USB sync) so it means total data privacy.
I have attached a few screenshots here, for full information you can go to www.kartamobile.com/gtdoulook/The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-19-2012, 01:10 PM #2
- 114 Posts
Viira Outlook Suite is the best GTD system I have found that supports Outlook and Blackberry.
Recently learned the GTD system and was looking at software that could be used by my Outlook at work. (Viira plays nice with the corporate Microsoft exchange)
I have only had one issue and that was with the Outlook task search function. Viira support is working on a fix for the problem
Overall very straight forward and was a functional within a few hours
- CrackBerry User
06-02-2012, 01:54 AM #4
- 76 Posts
I'd also be curious to hear of any "real user" experiences. The Viira support people have been VERY responsive to my initial inquiries about the product (eg- "playing nice w/Office 365 as the BES"). Theoretically, this should all be good.
Still rummaging my way through the book to get a better grip on GTD so as to do a full run w/the trial. Any input from experienced users would be welcome if you have any sagely advice to offer...