Anybody else have a problem with Grooveshark since the v1.0.8 update? I used grooveshark v1.0.7 on my blackberry storm2 (9550) with the big red V service provider, and had no problems. I saw yesterday that there was an update, so I installed version 1.0.8.

Once I started the program, it prompted me to log in (user id/password), which I entered. It then told me that my login was invalid. I tried a number of times, and I know my user ID/password combination was correct. On a whim, I reverted back to v1.0.7 (thank you BBSAK!) and logged in easily with the userID/password combination I had tried with version 1.0.8. I have posted this on the grooveshark forum, and am still awaiting a response.

i was wondering if anybody else had encountered this (especially from other blackberry models)? If others could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    02-24-10 11:19 AM
    1.0.8 has fixed all my problems w/ streaming on the 9700. I'm surprised 1.0.7 was working on your storm being that its not currently supported. As far as I'm aware the only real difference in 1.0.8 is you now have the ability to choose a connection method under settings. The app needs to be restarted for a new setting to take effect. I would try changing that setting and see if it gets you anywhere.

Otherwise contact Travis w/ Grooveshark here - travis dot whitton at grooveshark dot com
    02-24-10 12:06 PM
    1.0.8 has fixed all my problems w/ streaming on the 9700. I'm surprised 1.0.7 was working on your storm being that its not currently supported. As far as I'm aware the only real difference in 1.0.8 is you now have the ability to choose a connection method under settings. The app needs to be restarted for a new setting to take effect. I would try changing that setting and see if it gets you anywhere.

Otherwise contact Travis w/ Grooveshark here - travis dot whitton at grooveshark dot com
    Thanks Quixin!

I will contact travis. As for 1.0.7, I was using it with compatibility mode on (and I'm doing the same for 1.0.8, but to no avail....). I even tried "creating a new account" with my username and email address being the same, and it recongized that the username and email address are already taken, but it will not let me log in. Sigh.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    02-24-10 02:00 PM
    Hope it works out. Be sure to post an update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 11:25 AM
    Got it working. I changed my password but in addition, I deleted v1.0.7 and downloaded 1.0.8 fresh. I'm not certain, but I suspect there was some sort of error in overwriting v1.0.7. In any case, I'm happy again.

Cheers,
    B.D.

02-25-10 03:19 PM
    i can't get it to work on my 9700. It keeps telling me the application cannot connect to Groveshark mobile. It says an error occurred. Any suggestions?
    02-27-10 02:58 AM
    Reboot. I always got this error on a fresh install until I reboot.

Cheers,
    B.D.

02-27-10 06:40 AM
    does grooveshark only work on wifi? It won't connect on my 9630...
    03-04-10 09:20 AM
    does grooveshark only work on wifi? It won't connect on my 9630...
    Grooveshark works on both wifi and the mobile network. If your having trouble try a different connection method under settings.

Something that is happening to me that is strange is usually the first time I run the app it will not connect to the network and prompt to use offline mode, if I exit and run the app again it always connects properly the second time.

Other than that its working great on my 9700 over T-Mobile (connection setting to WAP2).

If all else fails, contact Travis at the email address mentioned earlier in this thread - they have been very helpful.

Good luck. Dont give up, its so awesome once you figure out the problem and get it working!
    03-04-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD