I searched the forums and found some posts but they were a year old and I don't know if the answers are still valid. I downloaded a trial version of GridMagic -
    1) Does it support saving/editing files on an SD card?
    2) Corollary: if not, I presume you cannot attach a GridMagic file to an email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:35 PM
    1). I'm currently using GridMagic. It does not allow you to save files to the SDcard. It saves it to internal memory.

2). You can attach a GridMagic file to an email. To attach a GridMagic file, press the Menu Key>Send via Gridmagic when composing your message. I have the Pro version. I assume this works with the free version as well.

12-21-08 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to upgrade to OS 4.5 and use Docs to Go but GridMagic might work as an interim solution. It seems like I can't "pick off" or edit a spreadsheet attached to an incoming email, which is a fairly strong deterrent. I actually like the app, though. It seems clean and intuitive, unlike eOffice, which I also tried for a while.

12-21-08 02:34 PM
    With the Pro Version of GridMagic, I'm able to save the attachment and edit it. I also have DocsToGo. I actually use Gridmagics's spreadsheet more than the one from DocsToGo. The zoom feature, cell resize, full view are features that make GridMagic better in my opinion.

12-21-08 10:54 PM
    Thanks the additional info. In my testing, I really like GridMagic. The big negative is that it apparently cannot save files to a media card.

12-22-08 09:44 PM
    Things to like:
    1) Perfect for triggering the phone and email functions since the program recognizes phone numbers and email addresses automatically and lets you call and email right off the spreadsheet without any copying or pasting.

2) Does a great little job of backing up/sync'ing with the BB desktop client add-ons feature.

The Documents to Go crap that came with the storm is crappy. Even after paying the $70 upgrade it still doesn't perform as well as gridmagic.

BTW their PDF to Go has the same down fall...it will not recognize links or phone numbers (nor pdf bookmarks). Repligo handles that just fine (at $80 per year, though). It just seems that Documents to Go does not cut it...and should not have been packaged with the Storm. It just wasn't ready for primetime.
    01-10-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD