Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if my phone is defective or if the app just isn't working right with my 9700. I am on OS .423 btw. This has happened on AT&T's .405 OS as well.

When I use the app on the golf course, the satellite signals keep cutting in and out. On my 9000, I never had an issue with this. The signal bars were usually full. The signal bars on the 9700 are just at 1 or none and keep going back and forth. It will lose signal even if I'm standing still with the phone out and I'm holding it up in the air.

It seems that the GPS chip in my 9700 is defective. It has a hard time locking onto satellites.

If anyone else here has this app and has tried it out on their 9700, please let me know of your experience with it. I want to know if I need to go and get a replacement or not!

Thanks in advance!
    01-21-10 08:41 AM
    why dont you try blackberry maps or google maps gps and see if it locks on fine its more then likely the application
    01-21-10 08:48 AM
    I have google maps and it seems to work correctly as long as I'm outside. I really hope that if it is the app that isn't working properly, an update will come along soon for it.
    01-21-10 09:36 AM
    Never mind, I just went outside to test it and Google Maps isn't working either. I'm taking my phone in to be fixed or replaced.
    01-21-10 01:57 PM
    I am having the exact same issue with greenfinder and my 9700.
    02-26-10 08:53 AM
    Has anyone been able to find out why these don't work together well? Greenfinder's Customer Support mentioned a patch for our phones to make the GPS more stable.

Anyone hear of anything like this?
    03-18-10 11:48 PM
    I'm still waiting as well. Frustrating since it worked so well on my 8900.
    03-21-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD