Hey,
    I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this problem. I have many of my contact pictures upload automatically from facebook. The only problem is the pictures are so pixilated and grainy. I figured the auto upload would format the picture correctly. It is so bad I can barely make out who the picture is. Any ideas on how to fix this.
    Thanks
    07-20-09 08:00 AM
    That gets fixed in 1.7 actually. Image compression as a whole along with fluidity of the app.
    07-20-09 08:02 AM
    is 1.7 out?
    07-20-09 08:16 AM
    No. It's currently being tested.
    07-20-09 08:28 AM
    On a similar subject, when my friends update their photos on FB, the pic that displays via my contacts doesn't update...is it supposed to? I can go in and do a manual update, but I kinda thought it would do this automatically...?
    07-20-09 09:22 AM
    That would be a nice option and would look great and amazing if we coupd get an OS with full screen pics too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:11 AM
    if you are viewing an album and click the picture and select "zoom" from the menu, it'll download and show a larger verzion that you can zoom in on. Still think the default photo it downloads should be full-screen though.

07-21-09 11:36 AM
    I agree

07-21-09 12:17 PM
    i love the concept of having the facebook profile pics of my contacts get d/l to their contact profile automatically. It is just the quality of the pic is sooooo bad. I will be waiting for this to be fixed anxiously!
    07-21-09 01:27 PM
    i ended up getting the fonebook program, that synced outlook contacts (sync with phone first) with facebook then sync again with phone. its a little more work but now it has all my friends birthdays and holidays in the calender plus a better contact picture. the picture isnt that much bigger but the resolution is good.
    07-22-09 08:31 PM
    I hope 1.7 improve and/or fix the image compression issue!!

I downgraded back to 1.5 because I love the image quality on the upload and download

would 1.7 have better or just as good of upload compression as 1.5? (I despise 1.6 btw)
    07-22-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD