Recently i went on a search for some app or dl that had a compass. i found one with gpsed, i signed up, dl'd it and opened it on my 9530 storm. this was almost 2 hours ago. since then the screen has the compass and speed, but a loading window is up stating "setup gps connection..." is this normal? 2 hours? also in the upper left side the program states "! GPS Disconnected." have i done something or not done something?i just want this to work. i go hiking and bike riding w/o a map and i just need direction. please help..
    03-14-09 11:31 AM
    Are you somewhere where your device can get line of sight to the sky?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 11:33 AM
    im sitting insinde next to my balcony
    03-14-09 11:35 AM
    i went to the general options for gpsed and there are 2 options i find weird.

-gps broken
    -network broken

both of these were checked...i dont know what than means....
    03-14-09 11:43 AM
    Not sure about those two options. I haven't had GPSed on my device since May '08, as it caused a problem with my address book.

My first suggestion would be to go somewhere with clear view of the sky (outside) and see if it will find satellites. You could also get a different GPS enabled App (google maps for instance) and see if that will find satellites. At least that way you know your GPS is functioning properly

edit: Just noticed you are using a verizon device...this could be the problem. I know in the past verizon has crippled GPS on some devices. I haven't been keeping up on where that currently stands, but you might try searching the GPS forum or the Verizon forum or the Storm forum on here to see if that might be the problem.
    Last edited by Mainiak Blaniak; 03-14-09 at 03:09 PM. Reason: more info
    03-14-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD