I dumped vz navigator for the 10 bucks a month. Which one is the best and most accurate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:21 PM
    check out the gps subforum for a wide range of views on BEST!

I finally opted for the Garmin which can be purchased at 20% discount through Blackberry Lounge. Its flaw is if you miss a verbal instruction ("turn left at xxx ave") you cannot get it to repeat the instruction. I found it a bit quirky looking at points of interest.
    11-25-09 11:31 PM
    I use a combination of AmazeGPS and Google Maps. Hasnt failed me yet.
    11-26-09 12:23 AM
    any more updates on the best turn by turn gpa navigation?
    06-06-10 07:22 PM
    I personally like google maps the best. Telenav is pretty cool too, I get it for free though (cuz I'm on sprint) or I would never use it.

06-06-10 07:45 PM
    Free turn by turn directions with Life In Pocket> works pretty well for me. It gets me where I need to go
    06-06-10 08:11 PM
    Free turn by turn directions with Life In Pocket> works pretty well for me. It gets me where I need to go
    What he said!
    06-06-10 08:45 PM
    Waze is also free. Ive tested it a bit, and it has its quirks. I do use it for the user generated reports.

Ive tested a few of the paid apps, they all have trials you can use. I found Wisepilot to work the best. Though its pretty pricey. If you really want gps on a phone, nokia is the way to go since ovi maps is now free and you can store maps on sd card. For BB though no gps app will let you store maps on the sd card. Which really sucks. And most are fairly expensive, its usually cheaper to just buy a standalone gps unit.
    06-07-10 08:52 AM
    I prefer BlackBerry Maps! I'm also on Sprint and have Sprint Navigator (TeleNav) for free. But with those programs you stuck with the programs directions. I prefer seeing a map with more than just the street I'm on. Besides, BlackBerry Maps dishes out a route and has step by step directions. Surely it doesn't holler out turn left, but how hard is it remember ... Exit 247, right on Main St and left on Fourth St.?
    06-07-10 09:41 AM
    I like Garmin for Blackberry (Paid).

I dumped vz navigator for the 10 bucks a month. Which one is the best and most accurate?

06-07-10 03:48 PM
    I like Telenav cause I can go online to plan my trip. Saves me the trouble of searching it up. It does have a monthly fee though.
    06-18-10 12:58 PM
    I really like Garmin. The one-time fee is a little much ($79 through owner's lounge), but then you don't have any monthly fees. I also like that Garmin reads street names.

I always like the idea of not having to look away from the road to get directions, especially when on the motorcycle (don't have to push buttons to get the next direction from Google Maps or BB Maps).

I've also used amAze and have had good results with it. It's about half the price of Garmin ($35), but doesn't speak street names. Arrow mode works pretty well (and uses less data), and is easy to switch over to map view.

Both of those apps will recalculate the route automatically if you don't follow the planned route.
    06-18-10 02:11 PM
    wow yall thanks for this info. been looking for a reasonable gps, didn't like nav with VZW.
    06-18-10 02:55 PM
    provided - sprint nav
    free -Amaze
    paid - Garmin
    06-18-10 03:45 PM
    I use Telmap 5. I'm part of the beta program and it's also free. Outstanding program.
    06-18-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD