Have noticed this on my tour since I've had it on all software versions, i'm on sprint and currently running 5.0.0.624, if I put sprintnav(telenav) or any other GPS enabled app in the background to check messages, use calculator etc it loses GPS signal.

This did not occur on my 8330, any way to make GPS continue working when application isn't on-screen?

I like to BBM while navigating and still be able to hear the voice prompts, instead it states GPS NOT AVAILABLE until I switch back to the app.
    04-30-10 03:19 PM
    I don't know about the gps program you are using but I've had gpslogger and others running in the background although I do not bbm.
    04-30-10 06:33 PM
    That is odd. i use VZ Navigator and i can use app switcher to open BBM (or email etc) and my nav continues to give me audible direction. When i switch back to VZ Nav i get no such message. Are you exiting the GPS instead of just switching it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 06:37 PM
    I use Garmin Mobile. I had it running in the background and giving verbal directions while Drivesafe.ly was reading emails and BBMessenger was open in the foreground. I did not send messages while driving. CrackBerry does not encourage unsafe driving.
    04-30-10 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD