Just got a Blackberry tour, wondering if there was an application that I can have run while I'm cycling that I could just keep the device in my pocket and have it log MPH, distance, elevation, etc. Is there something out there?
    08-03-09 08:54 PM
    I just downloaded a free app ota from h ttp://w ww.adapta-solutions.com/solutions/speedometer.html It tracks speed, distance, elapsed time, highest/lowest speeds. It works rather well for me. For whatever reason I have to open up google maps first though for it to lock onto the satellites. Best of all, its free! Only thing it doesn't do is elevations. Give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-03-09 09:26 PM
    Just got a Blackberry tour, wondering if there was an application that I can have run while I'm cycling that I could just keep the device in my pocket and have it log MPH, distance, elevation, etc. Is there something out there?
    Search mobihand for tripometer. I think it will do what you need. $4.99 i believe.
    08-03-09 09:35 PM
    Yes or you could pay $4.99 for an app that doesn't appear to be any different.

08-04-09 11:01 AM
    GPSLogger is also a good app for tracking your speed and such. It will even save your trips so you can view them on GoogleEarth. Bets of all, it's free. Check out the GPS section.
    08-04-09 01:59 PM
    You can see info on a few different gps programs in the gps subforum. I use gpslogger - works quite well.
    08-04-09 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD