So after doing some research I learned that UberTwitter seems to be causing an error message each time my Storm boots up. For those of you that haven't seen it the message is as follows:

"Uncaught exception: A browser content provider for video/3gpp MIME type has already been registered with the browser."

I wrote to the developer concerning this to see if they were working on a fix. He gave me some information and told me to feel free to pass it along so here is what he said:

"I have duplicated this scenario in the blackberry simulate, but it is extremely puzzling. First, Uber doesn't register any browser plugins. Second, this exception is thrown before any ubertwitter code is executed, which means the exception isn't even originating in ubertwitter. I've pinged my RIM technical contacts to try to track this down, keeping my fingers crossed...feel free to repeat this in any of the forums, just let'em know we're taking it seriously and looking for a solution. At this point I don't know of any changes to my code that would fix this."

He also said the Bolt browser seems to be causing the same message. He may ask me to test an updated version to see if it fixes the issue so I will wait and see. I love this Twitter client so I will deal with the error message in the mean time.
    10-31-09 10:16 PM
    Hmm... I've yet to have this issue....
    10-31-09 10:23 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.314 on my Bold and I'm having the same issue. Please keep all of us updated on what you find out!
    11-02-09 04:44 PM
    Paul at Ubertwitter also said something similar to me. Though he ended his email saying that they may have to wait until RIM puts out a fix.

If you hear anything else from them, please do let us know. I've been using Twitterberry since this error has been occurring. But I really want to go back to using Ubertwitter.
    11-14-09 11:40 AM
    Same problem on my 8900 running .238, but I can't bring myself to using any other twitter client. I may try uninstalling bolt to see if that helps at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 05:31 AM
    Hmm... I've yet to have this issue....
    Same here. Although sometimes it takes FOREVER to refresh the timeline and other times it just sits there telling me it's sending the tweet. If I wait 30 seconds and hit cancel and go back to the timeline my tweet is there. Even though it never said it sent it. Other than that. I really like it.
    11-17-09 05:43 AM
    I tried uninstalling ubertwitter and bolt, rebooted, reinstalled ubertwitter, opened it and reset my settings, rebooted, and it came right up with the uncaught exception. But ubertwitter had not booted up yet, I normally use StartMeUp but didn't put it back in there and checked to see if it was running with ALT+BACK. So something with it's settings must interfere with the OS but thats definitely beyond my lane
    11-17-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD