Hey all!
    So I've sync'ed my Curve with Google Calendars, and it deleted all the entries on my google calendar! They're correct on the phone so I tried syncing thinking it would place them on the calendar as if it was a new entry, but no luck.
    Any ideas?
    05-30-08 08:44 PM
    GoogleSync in my past experience unless it has been updated markedly pretty much sucks. It doesn't sync correctly if you use recurring events and messes things up too much to be able to count on it if you need to. I've tried a bunch of things to make the sync work but ended up buying goosync and the syncje client. That works nicely and you can sync a bunch of calendars. [Goosync also lets you sync tasks and your contacts without using desktop software and it can be set to sync on a schedule automatically]

The only thing that isn't great is you can't color code you different calendars on your BB, it will notate the different calendars by [holidays] brackets like this. Oh and the price hehe that always is an issue vs. free.

If you want it to work well, use goosync, if you don't want to pay google sync will be a pain for you until it works correctly.
    Last edited by kuni; 05-30-08 at 09:31 PM.
    05-30-08 09:29 PM
    I just started using goosync with syncje and I have to say the installation was painless. And using it is foolproof. It's worth every penny; in my opinion.
    06-01-08 08:01 AM
    FYI, you can renew for life (a one time buy) now. I just got an email. If you just started using it maybe that option is available for you as a new customer. (If you only use one calendar you might not be interested).
    07-10-08 09:27 PM
    Hey all!
    So I've sync'ed my Curve with Google Calendars, and it deleted all the entries on my google calendar! They're correct on the phone so I tried syncing thinking it would place them on the calendar as if it was a new entry, but no luck.
    Any ideas?
    That's weird. I know that Google sync doesn't sync entries that are already on your blackberry you have to enter them as new and the sync. Just give it another try, I've been using it for a month now, I have 4 different calendars and all get synced to my BB, i have never had a problem with it and it's free.
    07-11-08 09:50 AM
    I've been using it for a month now, I have 4 different calendars and all get synced to my BB, i have never had a problem with it and it's free.
    Same here. I use 6. The only problem I had, was that I had to sync all the calendars each time.

If I omitted the ones I didn't want updated, they would be deleted.
    07-11-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD