Hello Everyone,
    Convenience Software is on the verge of releasing it's groundbreaking follow up to FindIt 2.0, GetItBack. GetItBack features a comprehensive web interface that allows you to see everything about your phone and control it when it's lost from any computer with an internet connection.
    Before we announce the release date, we are ironing out little kinks to make your user experience that much better.
    During the development process, we made the decision to embed Yahoo Maps into the members page, to show the coordinates of your BlackBerry on a map. Before this makes it into the final version, we would like to know which maps provider you as the consumer would prefer:
    Yahoo Maps or Google Maps
    If you could explain your reasonings that would help a lot as well.
    Thanks in advance,
    The Convenience Software Team
    05-31-08 12:19 AM
    Nener use yahoo maps on bb. Google maps are not so precise. The precision is 1700 meters. Personnally I prefer BB maps that I use with my freedom keychain gps 2000, that works via bluetooth. Pin me if you want.
    05-31-08 04:34 AM
    I use google maps but not for directional purposes but more to look up names, phone number and address of companies. Never used yahoo maps, but worth giving it a shot I guess. I would like to test this new software when it comes out.
    05-31-08 08:24 AM
    I've never used Yahoo Maps. Unless you have some commercial link to them, why would you use that instead of the native BBMaps or Google Maps? Many, many more people will have those two already installed on their BB's.

I use Google Maps and BBMaps with a Freedom Keychain 2000 external GPS, since the internal GPS is disabled on Verizon blackberies.

BBMaps has the advantage of rotating maps and can keep the GPS locked. Google Maps has more detail, and looks nicer. I typically use both at the same time, since Google Maps can't keep my external GPS locked.
    05-31-08 09:38 AM
    I Use Google Maps All The Time And It Is Very Accurate Within 3 Meters
    06-02-08 11:23 AM
    I use both, prefer Google
    06-02-08 03:43 PM
    I use Google Maps w/8310
    06-02-08 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD