Hey guys and gals. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been following the new GOOGLE WAVE application for a while now (watched on youtube the full Google Wave Developer Preview at Google I/O 2009) and am interested to know if anyone else has seen or heard of it? (for anyone that doesnt know about it just "google" it. In my opinion it’s going to crush Twitter & Facebook.
    Does anyone think that it will make its way to blackberry? The beta/alpha can be seen on the Iphone and is expected to hit Androids. Google plans also plans on releasing it September 30, 2009 to 10,000 people. I signed up so hopefully I get an invite.

Just thought I would bend some ears to the WAVE of the future.

Brodys2
    Last edited by brodys2; 08-07-09 at 12:04 PM.
    08-07-09 11:08 AM
    Yeah Ive seen it. It looks really cool and useful, Ive already signed up for updates, hopefully it will be released soon and will be available on mobile devices.
    08-07-09 11:29 AM
    Yeah Ive seen it. It looks really cool and useful, Ive already signed up for updates, hopefully it will be released soon and will be available on mobile devices.
    hey when did you signup? As soon as i watched the preview i had to. I think its going to be crazy. When you think they guys that created google maps have a hand in anything. Hope it hits the Storm on the September 30th
    08-07-09 12:06 PM
    I've signed up too! I'm anxious to see how this ill turn out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 01:11 PM
    Invites are out today, I am currently waiting for mine. If I recall correctly, they said that wave would be browser based so any phone with a browser could access it.
    09-30-09 10:19 AM
    I am also waiting on an invite. This is going to be HUGE
    09-30-09 11:10 AM
    Oh great, social networking 2.0. When will it end?
    09-30-09 11:47 AM
    Great, it's going to crush twitter, which is an overhyped, useless mass of worthless spam...

Does that mean it will be an incredibly overhyped, even more useless mass of mega-spam?
    09-30-09 12:37 PM
    I signed up for an invite... it looks awesome!
    09-30-09 01:04 PM
    waiting for an invite... i requested one awhile ago, this looks like it has potential... cant wait, been using google voice/grand central for awhile and love it.
    09-30-09 01:50 PM
    I am also waiting for an invite. I dont think Wave will work with the blackberry browser. It need HTML5 to run and only Iphone and Android devices have that right now.

PS if anyone has an extra invite please send one my way. thanks
    09-30-09 10:37 PM
    Will be awesome to have on mobile, but don't expect to see it until RIM supports HTML5, and that likely isnt coming soon.
    09-30-09 10:57 PM
    i got my invite earlier.

09-30-09 11:01 PM
    It will be really crazy, to see what happens, when(or if) Wave comes out for the berry! Exciting times people! Imagine "Wave" over an LTE network......... wow!!! Twitter run for cover, lol! I guess only time will tell.
    10-01-09 12:42 AM
    It will be really crazy, to see what happens, when(or if) Wave comes out for the berry! Exciting times people! Imagine "Wave" over an LTE network......... wow!!! Twitter run for cover, lol! I guess only time will tell.
    Misuse punctuation much?

What does LTE have to do with Wave. LOL...
    10-01-09 12:47 AM
    Hey guys and gals. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been following the new GOOGLE WAVE application for a while now (watched on youtube the full Google Wave Developer Preview at Google I/O 2009) and am interested to know if anyone else has seen or heard of it? (for anyone that doesnt know about it just "google" it. In my opinion it’s going to crush Twitter & Facebook.
    Does anyone think that it will make its way to blackberry? The beta/alpha can be seen on the Iphone and is expected to hit Androids. Google plans also plans on releasing it September 30, 2009 to 10,000 people. I signed up so hopefully I get an invite.

Just thought I would bend some ears to the WAVE of the future.

Brodys2
    Google Wave is not being used to crush any social site at all. Google actually wants to work with companies such as Twitter. This was previewed on G4tv just this evening with an interview. They want to work with developers who can use Twitter + Google through Wave and other sorts of social networking.

100k Wave invites + 8 invites allowed for those invited by Google. Though if you get invited by someone who got invited by Google Wave, you don't get 8 invites.

10-01-09 12:51 AM
    How genius is this?

Amazing. RIM needs like...total browser/os reform before it would be truly functional on BB devices. Wave will definitely be used for business purposes so this would be useful for many BB users...

And if your in high school or college, can you imagine how much easier you group project just got...

Love it.
    10-01-09 01:40 AM
    It looks complicated to me, it assumes you'll have plenty of time to sit in front of a computer.
    And how exactly do they think it will replace email? If a business sends an email to another they want that email to be logged, secure and impossible to edit. Wasn't that the point of pdf files?

10-01-09 02:43 AM
    Misuse punctuation much?

What does LTE have to do with Wave. LOL...

I'm sorry, I think I was still in "texting mode" LTE has nothing to do with Wave directly but indirectly! If an application was made, it would really benefit from the add bandwidth.
    10-01-09 03:03 AM
    This reminds me of the video calling on mobile and how it was gonna change the way we call.
    Turned out people didn't want to be seen while they were on the phone
    I answer my phone quite often while on the toilet
    I don't want people to see my typing mistakes before I do a spell check

10-01-09 03:58 AM
    It's pretty boring to be honest. I don't see this really taking off much.
    10-01-09 04:37 AM
    Would anyone be willing to send me an invite? It would be much appreciated. PM me please. Thanks
    10-01-09 10:06 AM
    Google Wave is email and IM....in an essence combined/rolled up into one. I cannot wait to try this in a business environment
    Last edited by Wuzz Ranger; 10-01-09 at 12:50 PM.
    10-01-09 12:47 PM
    SEems like a cool concept from Google though for sure! Just requested an invite
    10-01-09 07:05 PM
    i got my invite earlier.

Waiting for an invite also - help.
    10-01-09 08:22 PM
131 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD