Just found and re activated my old Grand central account to GV and found this instructions online. I have ATT so it works for TMO/ATT/VERIZON/SPRINT...ETC.

GOOGLE SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER wasabi999:

Quote:
    I wrote the following instructions using T-Mobile and a BB Curve, but they would likely work with another GSM carrier, like ATT.

Joepoid, you might want to consider changing carriers (and your contract is almost up) if the information I found about Sprint is true: Call forwarding is charged at $0.20/minute, and you might have to call customer service to have your Sprint voice mail box disabled. Other carriers don't charge for this!

If you want a guided tour and you use a carrier other than T-Mobile, set up an account at Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail. You can select your carrier and phone model, and they'll show you what to do.

How YouMail is set up:
    When using YouMail with T-Mobile, conditional call forwarding is set up by dialing *004*17142043114# then pressing Send. You will see the message "Registration of All Conditional Call Forwarding returned Success". Press End. Once you have done this your voice mail will not go to your T-Mobile voice mail box, it will go to YouMail. You can set up a speed dial for this as you like; T-Mobile uses 1 to speed dial their voice mail, you might want to use 2.

How to set GV up to work like YouMail:
    I set up my phone to do conditional call forwarding to GV, and intentionally failed to answer the first call received after doing this. GV works just like YouMail in this case.

You can either enter *004*1XXXYYYZZZZ# (substitute your GV # for XXXYYYYZZZZ) and press Send - essentially the same way you'd set up YouMail. GV works like YouMail (but better IMHO).

You can also set up conditional call forwarding can also be set up manually on a BB Curve. This will give you the same result, but you'll know what to do if you want to change it to something else.

In Phone Options:
    1. Choose Call Forwarding
    2. Press the menu key and choose New Number
    3. Enter the Call Forwarding number: +1XXXYYYZZZZ (substitute your GV# for XXXYYYZZZZ), and save.
    4. In "Forward Unanswered Calls", press the menu key, Change Number, then select the GV # you entered in step 3. There are 3 options: If Busy, If No Reply, If Unreachable. Change all 3 options to your GV#.

Verizon users: (Enabling / disabling Call Forwarding)
    Note: Using a * (star) code feature from the device cannot be guaranteed outside the home market of the device.

Immediate Call Forwarding: Dial *72 then the 10-digit phone number, press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.
    Conditional Call Forwarding (no answer / busy transfer): Dial *71 then the 10-digit phone number, press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.
    Disabling Call Forwarding: Dial *73, press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.

Sprint users: (Using Call Forwarding)
    Important Note: Call Forwarding calls are charged an extra rate of $0.20 per minute, plus any applicable long-distance charges. These instructions work for most of our phones. If your phone is different, please consult your phone's User's Guide. Before you enable call forwarding, verify that you have call forwarding phone numbers added. Depending on your SIM card, the phone numbers for your call forwarding profiles might already be specified. You might not be able to change them or add new ones.

Activate Call Forwarding: Press * 7 2 on your Sprint PCS phone, then enter the ten-digit phone number (area code + telephone number) of the phone you want your calls forwarded to.Press TALK (a tone will confirm that Call Forwarding is active).
    Deactivate Call Forwarding: Press * 7 2 0. Press TALK (a tone will confirm the deactivation).

General conditional call forwarding for some other CDMA carriers:
    Substitute your GV # for XXXYYYZZZZ. Borrowed from SpinVox Voicemail FAQs and edited for brevity/clarity.

Alltel
    Start forwarding: Enter *71XXXYYYZZZZ as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".
    Stop forwarding: Enter *710 as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".

MetroPCS
    Start forwarding: Enter *74XXXYYYZZZZ as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".
    Stop forwarding: Enter *73 as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".

US Cellular
    Start forwarding: Enter *74XXXYYYZZZZ as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".
    Stop forwarding: Enter *740 as if it is a phone number that you are dialing and press "SEND".

like youmail...better because even though it doesnt have an app yet i receive a transcript or can listen via the bb browser
    03-28-09 12:49 PM
    I loved you mail, especially the greetings. I only got rid of it because I learned that sprint charges to forward a call. If I could keep the greetings and use them on my phone's voicemail, I would. Unfortunately, it can't be done.
    07-16-09 07:04 PM
    only thing with this is for Verizon it takes like 10-12 rings for it go to voicemail, unless you enable DND, then it takes like 6 or 7 rings, but if you enable DND then no one can call into your GV number.

They need to enable DND only for a particular number so you can set it up taht way.
    07-17-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD