I recently "tried" an HTC Hero, and hated it, so I went back to my Tour. One thing that I did like about it is that I could set Google Voice to ALWAYS use my GV phone number. I know that if you go into contacts, you can call using GV, but I'd prefer it to always use it by default. Anyone know if this is possible, or can that only be achieved on an Android device?

*I tried searching for an answer, with no luck. Sorry if I'm posting a question that has already been asked"
    11-01-09 07:03 PM
    Look for the GV Dialer app. It has that ability. Unfortunately its only free to try and then like $9.99 after 30 days.

GVdialer Home

EDIT: I see it's no longer available. Oh well

While this would be a pain in the *** what you can do is change your phone book entries to
    (you google number) + (whatever the place call key is) + pause + contacts number
    Last edited by miatapaul; 11-01-09 at 07:47 PM.
    11-01-09 07:40 PM
    I know that there is a Google Voice app for Blackberry (m.google.com/voice). If you dial from there it uses your GV number. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:47 PM
    I don't think you can set up the phone app on the BB to dial as GV. I'm pretty sure you have to go into the GV app. I actually like it better that way, myself.
    11-01-09 07:49 PM
    I know that there is a Google Voice app for Blackberry (m.google.com/voice). If you dial from there it uses your GV number. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    for billing purposes, it actually uses your "access" #, not your google #
    11-01-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD