Ok so I have an extra invite for this google voice and i will give it to someone if they can tell wht this google voice does and how it works? The inns and out,

I did set up a number so I am ready for my lesson..

Hope people are still looking for an invite..

Thanks everyone
    10-22-09 08:52 PM
    It allows you to send and receive text messages from your Google number, and forward the number to any other number celluar or landline. This way you can give out your Google Voice number instead of your actual number. I've had Google Voice for a while, so I don't need an invite. Pass it on to someone else who needs it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the info.. I kind of got that part.. Now wht I don't get is this add to your plan so you dont use mins.. Wht numbers do you add?

Can you save your mobile mins by using this number?

PS>> Maybe you can help with a problem. I have version and my voice mail will only hold 20 messages and I dont use a home phone. I have no more room for messages.. I can't delete them. I just lost my sister and I have all her voice mails that she left me.

I call version and they said they can add to my voice mail but it will cost 5.99 a month.. The price is not the issue. They also said that when they turn this on for me that all my voice mail messages will be deleted,, Thats not going to work for me.

Can google voice help me? if so how do I do it?

Maybe there is a 3rd party app that i can use..

If you have any help please explain it very simple. I am terrible with My BB. Well I am getting better.

Again thank you for the help it was very sweet.
    10-22-09 09:19 PM
    Go to nytimes.com David pogue has done numerous write ups on google voice do a search. Check it out its really cool. Yes you will use your mobile minutes.

10-22-09 09:31 PM
    So if you have a "Calling Circle" feature on your plan -- you can add two numbers to your plan -- your Google Voice number, and your Google Voice Access #. now, the access number seems to change every now and then so its not perfect. If you go to your GV settings, and pick the option for Caller ID "Show my GV #" -- on incoming calls, it will then count toward your "Calling Circle" minutes rather than anytime minutes, since it shows as an incomign call from a # within your callin gcircle.

For outbound calls, you can always call your GV #, hit 2, and make a call for free. This too would count in your calling circle.

If you get the GV app, you can make a test call, see what access # it uses, and add that #. But, this number is subject to change -- and for me, i've been using GV for over five months -- it has changed 4 times.
    10-22-09 11:47 PM
    Hook it up

10-22-09 11:50 PM
    I have an invite to give... finally showed up in my account! If anyone would like one (I only have 1 left, so first PM gets it), hit me up. Also, to answer some of you folk's questions...
    In terms of voicemail - GV will help, but only if the person is dialing your GV number...that way it will go to that VM and not your carrier's.
    Also, if you have a MyFavs (T-Mobile), or whatever free calling thing it is called on your carrier, you can add your GV access number (this is the number that you see dialing out if you use GV app to make a call) to that and it SHOULD be free. Google may change this number periodically, so it's a good idea to take note of what number it's dialing out.
    10-23-09 11:01 AM
    If anyone has an extra invite for Google Voice, I can really use it. I would be SOOO appreciative of it and it will get great use. I will then turn the favor around to another CB member if I get an extra code.

If you have a extra invite, my email is (edited with spaces for forum purposes) james32712 @at@ gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
    James Thomas
    10-24-09 11:57 PM
    Would also appreciate an invite
    10-25-09 12:51 AM
    Same here.. [email protected]

Will PiF when I get my own invites, fo' sho'...

10-25-09 01:05 AM
    BTW.. Sorry I missed this initially..

My condolences on your loss, irishqt.. I don't have any siblings, but damn that's tough.

10-25-09 01:09 AM
    Still no GV in Canada

10-25-09 06:47 PM
    Can someone please remind me how to get into my google voice account... I haven't logged on there in months and can't seem to remember how to check it online!!! I'd like to share my invites if I have any.

***Went back and tried several times I keep getting "page not available". Guess Google Voice is having problems..
    Last edited by Sonshyne; 10-25-09 at 07:40 PM.
    10-25-09 06:59 PM
    Can I use Google Voice in Vietnam, folks?
    I'm still waiting for an invite.

10-25-09 08:58 PM
    Looking for an invite as well and will be happy to share my invites back on here. Please PM with the info.
    10-28-09 09:35 AM
    hey fried rice, already got some invitations to send from your own GV ? I'd love to get one , would share as well

thanks in advance!
    10-30-09 12:46 AM
    Haven't got an invite myself yet, brah!

Will definitely hook it up once I do though..

10-30-09 01:22 AM
    Thanks for the info.. I kind of got that part.. Now wht I don't get is this add to your plan so you dont use mins.. Wht numbers do you add?

Can you save your mobile mins by using this number?
    there are people out there that have figured out how to add you local google voice's server number to a "my fave five/A-List/Friends & family" list so when you use Google Voice it will not use any time on your account

PS>> Maybe you can help with a problem. I have version and my voice mail will only hold 20 messages and I dont use a home phone. I have no more room for messages.. I can't delete them. I just lost my sister and I have all her voice mails that she left me.
    Google Voice will store all of your Voice mails online so you can listen to them via a PC on on your hand set. and it will transcribe the Voice mail to a SMS and/or email and send it to your phone, so you don't even have to call the VM to see what it says.

I call version and they said they can add to my voice mail but it will cost 5.99 a month.. The price is not the issue. They also said that when they turn this on for me that all my voice mail messages will be deleted,, Thats not going to work for me.

Can google voice help me? if so how do I do it?
    Only thing i can suggest is signing up for Google voice and have your sister call you on that number from now on. that way it will save your VM's for how ever long you want.

Maybe there is a 3rd party app that i can use..
    you can download the Google Voice app made by google @ google.com/voice on your BB's browser.

If you have any help please explain it very simple. I am terrible with My BB. Well I am getting better.

Again thank you for the help it was very sweet.
    hope this helps.

and when you use google voice with google sync it will allow you to manage all of your contacts online, and will sync the contacts and calendar automatically....
    Last edited by mjneid; 10-30-09 at 08:41 AM.
    10-30-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD