I'm not sure if anyone has posted this already.

This should work if you have a "calling circle" type plan, such as T-Mobile's MyFaves.

Google Voice's BlackBerry App has a "dialer" that uses your cell phone's network to call out. This would use your plan's minutes by default, but there's a work around.
    The way the Google Voice dialer works is that it calls Google Voice's network first, for example (347) xxx-xxxx. Once that call is completed it will dial out the number you chose.
    All you have to do is make sure that network number doesn't change each time you use it. Go to your call log and save the number to your address book, then save it to your calling circle. All Done!
    As long as you call out of the app you will get free minutes.

I have T-Mobile's MyFaves. I've been doing this for two weeks now and I have not used any of my plan's minutes at all while I use the Google Voice app. I'm sure other providers have similar types of calling circle plans. I'm new to this though so I'll let you all discuss them and test them out.

I'm not sure how long it will take T-Mobile, other providers, or Google to catch on and change the way these apps work. I see them randomizing the network phone numbers as one way. But for two weeks I've enjoyed unlimited calls thanks to Google Voice and my BlackBerry app. I haven't really tested this out with incoming calls to my Google Voice number, but outgoing calls have all worked for me.

I originally posted this on my website, feel free to add comments if you have other info that might help if I missed something or you can explain something better. I'm new to this stuff.
    BlackBerry Google Voice/T-Mobile MyFaves Hack | CharlieMoreno.NET
    Last edited by frunkiss; 08-03-09 at 10:36 PM.
    08-03-09 10:30 PM
    you can also use 3rd party apps that dail your actaul gv number first...pause ..then dail 2..pause...then dial then number you are calling. or you can just dail your own google voice number yourself...then follow the promts. this way you only use 1 of your fave 5 numbers.

because to not use incoming calls, you just have your callers call your google number. you have to set your setting in google voice to "always show your google vuce number" on incoming calls"...and not show whoever is calling you.

if you don't want to answer your calls blindly...there is another setting where you can answer the call...and it will announce who is calling...then you have the option to answer the call or send to voicemail.
    08-03-09 10:41 PM
    Wow! Thanks. I'm new to this. This is why I love these forums. Not too many trolls acting like they discovered everything first and have to brag about it.

I'm searching the other threads but thanks for the info! You saved me lots of time. Thanks!
    08-03-09 10:47 PM
    Sh.. They might hear you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:46 AM
    I heard that they are already aware of this and will be blocking it soon
    08-04-09 01:31 AM
    I'm surprised that they don't cancel the contract on you. It becomes a little suspicious when you don't use a single minute on your contract.

08-04-09 05:26 AM
    that would be impossible to not use any minutes on your contract...at least if you have verizon. you have to have a large enough plan to have friends and family.

the people that call me are already on my f&f or in calling anyway. i just now give a few of them one number so they can catch me at the office or away from it.

i also have 5 other lines (one being a hub) that don't use google voice. if they cancel my contract...maybe i will try that iphone
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-04-09 at 08:29 AM.
    08-04-09 08:27 AM
    So how does this work for incoming calls? I've been using Google Voice for a week or so now and incoming calls appear to be from the callers number on my Verizon call record.

Do you have to change the caller ID setting in Google Voice to show your number for incoming calls instead of the callers number to get free inbound calls?
    08-04-09 09:07 AM
    According to T-Mobile, on their forum. this is not allowed.....

This is the two page from where i found it.

If those are two small to read.... i've attached them.
    08-04-09 02:20 PM
    According to T-Mobile, on their forum. this is not allowed.....

This is the two page from where i found it.

If those are two small to read.... i've attached them.
    Wooowwww, that sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-04-09 09:23 PM
    These "conference numbers" that they're refering to aren't Google Voice numbers, they're talking about 1-800 numbers that get around using minutes - like what Google Voice does BUT they'll never be able to completely block it.

If you use something like GVDialer, which calls your number first and then dials, you'll be fine. You have to understand, they can't go around blocking EVERY Google Voice number out there.

Also, I think that Google Voice made it use these "Access Numbers" for this very reason - so they could change them up on you, if they needed to and you wouldn't be able to use a service like MyFaves to save you from the minutes.
    08-04-09 09:39 PM
    So how does this work for incoming calls? I've been using Google Voice for a week or so now and incoming calls appear to be from the callers number on my Verizon call record.

Do you have to change the caller ID setting in Google Voice to show your number for incoming calls instead of the callers number to get free inbound calls?
    you have to set your google voice caller id to show YOUR google voice number. you then have the option to answer the phone blindly, or set it so when you answer the call...it annouces the caller and you have the option to answer or send to voice mail
    08-04-09 09:58 PM
    you have to set your google voice caller id to show YOUR google voice number. you then have the option to answer the phone blindly, or set it so when you answer the call...it annouces the caller and you have the option to answer or send to voice mail
    Thanks. Not having caller ID would be annoying to me but I guess there are some sacrifices to be made when you're getting free calls!
    08-05-09 11:12 AM
    I think this makes sense, but its not really free, you still need to pay for the base rate for the myFaves plan correct? I have a 600minute plan, and if this works, I could potentially save $10/mo to switch to the 300 minute plan, but I don't know if its worth the hassle of telling people my new number.
    09-01-09 01:52 AM
    I think this makes sense, but its not really free, you still need to pay for the base rate for the myFaves plan correct? I have a 600minute plan, and if this works, I could potentially save $10/mo to switch to the 300 minute plan, but I don't know if its worth the hassle of telling people my new number.
    It's a cheaper alternative to having say...an unlimited plan.
    09-01-09 02:23 AM
    I'm surprised that they don't cancel the contract on you. It becomes a little suspicious when you don't use a single minute on your contract.

Not really....My daughters line hasn't had a single minute used all month, but that's because I took it away for a month.
    09-01-09 02:34 AM

Why would they cancel? The bill is being paid, what else could they ask for? There's no rule that you MUST go over your allotted amount of minutes. And I'm pretty sure the contract does not say "your Fav5 numbers must be answered by human beings".
    09-01-09 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD