Tuesday, June 22, 2010 | 10:00 AM

A little over a year ago, we released an early preview of Google Voice, our web-based platform for managing your communications. We introduced one number to ring all your phones, voicemail that works like email, free calls and text messages to the U.S. and Canada, low-priced international calls and more�the only catch was you had to request and receive an invite to try it out. Today, after lots of testing and tweaking, we�re excited to open up Google Voice to the public, no invitation required.

Over the past year, we�ve introduced a mobile web app, an integrated voicemail player in Gmail, the ability to use Google Voice with your existing number and more. Over a million of you are now actively using Google Voice, and many of the features released over the past year (like SMS to email and our Chrome extension) came as a result of your suggestions, so thanks!

If you haven�t yet tried Google Voice, we can�t wait for you to try it out and let us know what you think. Check out our revamped features page to learn about everything Google Voice can do, and if you haven�t seen it yet, this video provides a good overview in less than two minutes:
    06-22-10 12:08 PM
    I just signed up. This is great. Thanks for the post.
    06-22-10 12:37 PM
    If you already signed up and received a google voice number, now can you go back and change it to be your home number? I really don't want to change my home number as so many people have it, so I have not really been able to use google voice.
    06-22-10 02:04 PM
    Kool............ So, if I understand you correctly, every American can get Google Voice on their Canadian BB? But those Canadians with a BB can't use the American Google Voice? Way to go Google, that's what we like to see, looking outside the box with WORLDWIDE support!

R...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 | 10:00 AM

A little over a year ago, we released an early preview of Google Voice, our web-based platform for managing your communications. We introduced one number to ring all your phones, voicemail that works like email, free calls and text messages to the U.S. and Canada, low-priced international calls and more�the only catch was you had to request and receive an invite to try it out. Today, after lots of testing and tweaking, we�re excited to open up Google Voice to the public, no invitation required.

Over the past year, we�ve introduced a mobile web app, an integrated voicemail player in Gmail, the ability to use Google Voice with your existing number and more. Over a million of you are now actively using Google Voice, and many of the features released over the past year (like SMS to email and our Chrome extension) came as a result of your suggestions, so thanks!

If you haven�t yet tried Google Voice, we can�t wait for you to try it out and let us know what you think. Check out our revamped features page to learn about everything Google Voice can do, and if you haven�t seen it yet, this video provides a good overview in less than two minutes:
    06-23-10 05:58 PM
    Kool............ So, if I understand you correctly, every American can get Google Voice on their Canadian BB? But those Canadians with a BB can't use the American Google Voice? Way to go Google, that's what we like to see, looking outside the box with WORLDWIDE support!

R...
    Not to mention that the thread title is Google voice for everyone.......... as long as everyone in this case is in the good old US of A.
    06-24-10 01:42 AM
    nice...............
    06-24-10 02:52 AM
    Hey, it's free and works great for those who can use it. Hopefully Google will expand their coverage over time.
    06-24-10 07:43 AM
    I cannot get the application to work. The keyboard does not work to even login, even after battery pulls. Also, I had to set my browser to Firefox to even get it to download.

Is there a Storm2 version? Anyone else having issues? Am I doing something wrong?
    06-24-10 08:06 AM
    Nevermind. I fixed it. I had to turn off compatibility mode under applications.
    06-24-10 01:20 PM
    Definitely going to try this out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 10:43 AM
    Sweet deal
    06-29-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD