Is there any to get the Google Voice app for BB, to trigger the traditional voicemail notification symbol? I have not figured out if this is possible... GV itself allows for email or sms notification, but I don't see anything in the GV app "Options" to enable some sort of vm notification on the BB

thnx!
    01-27-10 05:24 PM
    The GV app does notify with the * on the icon, but that is the only notification that I am aware of. I can live with this, I just wish that the voicemails were pushed to the berry rather than having to check every so many minutes. Some sort of audible notification would be good as well.
    01-27-10 05:28 PM
    Well I'm going to enable the sms notification and see how that works out...
    01-27-10 05:35 PM
    I agree, I can live with the * on the GV icon but it seems as though I get the e-mail notification with the message before the * shows up.

There must be a way to implement the * with the standard blackberry message indecator but it is obviously not an easy switch yo ucan change directly on the blackberry.
    01-28-10 01:03 PM
    sms works pretty well at least to get an instant notification... the GV inbox itself is only set to check every X minutes... not ideal, but a good solution (turning on sms notifications for GV... done via the web page side)...
    01-28-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD