Now that the Google contacts sync function in BIS for VZW seems to work, do you still need the separate Google Sync app if you want to sync your contacts with your Google account?

I know the Google Sync app offers the additional feature of synchronizing your BB Calendar with your Google Calendar, but if you only sync contacts, do you still need Google Sync or will having it installed and synchronizing your contacts mess up your contacts synchronization option enabled in BIS?

If you only need one, which one works best or is it a matter of preference?
    10-22-09 03:37 PM
    Once it's fully up and running, as long as you don't need your calendar, you won't need Google Sync.

We don't know which ones works better yet, because the BIS function is still so new, a lot of people don't even have access to it yet.
    10-22-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks. I may go back to Google Sync then as I haven't had problems with it. May go back to BIS contacts sync once it has completely launched.
    10-22-09 03:52 PM
    I'm sticking with Google Sync. I tried the contacts sync through BIS but it removed a lot of info like pictures and avatars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD