Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Google Sync, Voice, Maps, Mail apps for your BlackBerry

    Not sure where Google is going with this, but it looks like a lot of people still use and rely on their apps on the BlackBerry device so I'm going to host them FOREVER! This means even after I've moved onto a BB10 device, these apps will still be available from me... that is until the apps no longer work. Easiest way to get these apps is to download them using the browser on your device. If that doesn't work, the next easiest method would be to download them onto your computer and then put them onto your device's SD card. From there open up the file browser and look for the .jad file. Highlight the .jad file and click or press Enter to launch it, which should bring you to the similar download window had you gone through the browser.

    NOTE: For this second method to work, you'll need to download both the .jad file and the .cod file. You would do this by simply switching out the .jad in the link below with .cod and download. Unfortunately this site mangles the long URL links so you won't be able to simply highlight and copy the link... what you could do is right-click on the link, choose Copy and then paste it into your browser.


    Google Mail app
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMail.jad

    Google Maps
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMaps.jad

    Google Sync - Google discontinued service, app no longer works

    Google Voice
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...oice_42_en.jad
    Last edited by dimm0k; 01-22-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    Thanked by 2:
    prashob619 (01-21-2013),  wahyu waly putra (01-02-2013) 
  2. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quick Note: Google has blocked new activations of Google Maps from BlackBerry, so even with this OTA, it won't work. Google is trying to snuff us out.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
  3. sectionsix's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3
    #3  

    Default

    I was just about to ask about that. Wiped my phone today and installed using the link above. It just sits at the Terms and Conditions screen. Thanks anyway dimm0k for hosting it.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
  4. BBOttawa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    293 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Google is getting scared, Blackberry has a deal with Microsoft for Bing search and they are not pleased...and RIM signed with Tom-Tom for BB10 maps.

    Crap, I just tried my current install of Google Maps on my Bold 9900 and it doesn't work anymore. **** move Google, I understand not making updates, but don't break what already works. F@ck Google, we'll see if they come crawling back when BB10 takes off.
    bmercer94 likes this.
  5. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Well BB10 is a competitor, while it won't steal all of Android's customers, it could take away a larger chunk than they want to give out.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
  6. subsgop's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    The dropbox account shows 404 while using the browser on BB 9810!. Is this link dead ?
  7. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subsgop View Post
    The dropbox account shows 404 while using the browser on BB 9810!. Is this link dead ?
    Which link? i have all of these available on my personal DB and will grab you a link.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
  8. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subsgop View Post
    The dropbox account shows 404 while using the browser on BB 9810!. Is this link dead ?
    Shouldn't be... I just tried all 4 links and they all work...
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  9. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBOttawa View Post
    Google is getting scared, Blackberry has a deal with Microsoft for Bing search and they are not pleased...and RIM signed with Tom-Tom for BB10 maps.

    Crap, I just tried my current install of Google Maps on my Bold 9900 and it doesn't work anymore. **** move Google, I understand not making updates, but don't break what already works. F@ck Google, we'll see if they come crawling back when BB10 takes off.
    Really? Mine still works fine on my 9930...
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  10. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Really? Mine still works fine on my 9930...
    If you had it installed prior it will work perfectly. HOWEVER you can't reinstall it. if you delete it you'll get stuck at the terms & conditions thing.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
  11. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    If you had it installed prior it will work perfectly. HOWEVER you can't reinstall it. if you delete it you'll get stuck at the terms & conditions thing.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35793161/s1...__15_59_18.jpg
    I know... I interpreted the "current install" as one that was installed previously and not recently... anyhow, looking at that screenshot you've provided, it looks like that's the part where the app tries to communicate with google before letting you proceed. Has this issue started happening today or has it been a couple of days?
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  12. BlazorBoy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,733 Global Posts
    PIN
    pine
    #12  

    Default

    Do much evil.
  13. Coxwain's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    108 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    what is the alternative to having multiple calendar sync to the bb? I dont see why google is scared of BB as they only have another year or so to live.
  14. PowderJockey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It
    #14  

    Default

    Can't seem to get Google Sync to sync my calendar. I've got one main calendar and then a couple of sports add-ons and a weather. it sync just fine up until the 1stof Dec, but no more. I've uninstalled Google Sync and re-installed but no luck.

    I've read thru the forums and tried several things with no luck.

    Any one with ideas?
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

    Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
  15. bmercer94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Google Sync, Voice, Maps, Mail apps for your BlackBerry

    Quote Originally Posted by PowderJockey View Post
    Can't seem to get Google Sync to sync my calendar. I've got one main calendar and then a couple of sports add-ons and a weather. it sync just fine up until the 1stof Dec, but no more. I've uninstalled Google Sync and re-installed but no luck.

    I've read thru the forums and tried several things with no luck.

    Any one with ideas?
    Google has officially cut support for Google Sync for consumers. only Business, Education, and/or Government officials will still have access to working Google Sync, meaning you will need a different provider for your calendars.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Z10 #BlackBerryByChoice
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    PowderJockey (12-17-2012) 
  16. PowderJockey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    970 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It
    #16  

    Default

    I kind of figured all of that out by doing lots of reading.

    I have installed GCALSYNC - synchronize your phone with Google Calendar It is not as good, but it will do til I get a BB10.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Scott
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

    Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
  17. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,723 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,732 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmercer94 View Post
    If you had it installed prior it will work perfectly. HOWEVER you can't reinstall it. if you delete it you'll get stuck at the terms & conditions thing.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35793161/s1...__15_59_18.jpg
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-help-758268/

    Check out Go1ndr's post.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-18-2012) 
  18. go1ndr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,503 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Go1ndr here: As of yesterday it worked fine. Should be no issue other than having to download the updated version 4.x.x from the web once you have version 3.x on the phone. Followed the instructions above and on other threads, and installed ver 3.x > Then exited out and from the phone browser, did a search for "Google Maps for Blackberry" (on Google) and downloaded the newest version--it said it was replacing the version 3 which is what I wanted and it works great. Should still work fine. Good luck.
  19. winger_WN's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    When attempting to download the Google Voice jad using our Sprint BB 9630 Tour, the following error appears:

    907 invalid COD
    Http Error 500: internal server error

    Please help!
  20. lucchesi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #20  

    Default error on goolgesync file

    When attempting to download the Google Sync jad using my Storm 2 9550 I get the error:

    907 invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file

    Thanks

    Donatella
  21. austriker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,215 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
    Not sure where Google is going with this, but it looks like a lot of people still use and rely on their apps on the BlackBerry device so I'm going to host them FOREVER! This means even after I've moved onto a BB10 device, these apps will still be available from me... that is until the apps no longer work. Easiest way to get these apps is to download them using the browser on your device. If that doesn't work, the next easiest method would be to download them onto your computer and then put them onto your device's SD card. From there open up the file browser and look for the .jad file. Highlight the .jad file and click or press Enter to launch it, which should bring you to the similar download window had you gone through the browser.

    NOTE: For this second method to work, you'll need to download both the .jad file and the .cod file. You would do this by simply switching out the .jad in the link below with .cod and download. Unfortunately this site mangles the long URL links so you won't be able to simply highlight and copy the link... what you could do is right-click on the link, choose Copy and then paste it into your browser.


    Google Mail app
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMail.jad

    Google Maps
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMaps.jad

    Google Sync
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...Sync_40_en.jad

    Google Voice
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...oice_42_en.jad
    I know google is trying to rid itself of bb users.. but I am trying to download gvoice for mine and it gave me a "Download failed" does anyone else have a link?
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

    Don't Panic
  22. prashob619's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    135 Posts
    PIN
    26F6EFA8
    #22  

    Default

    downloaded google sync..
    but cannot sync :S
    always shows Sync Failed.

    any way to sync?
  23. prashob619's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    135 Posts
    PIN
    26F6EFA8
    #23  

    Default

    anyone?

    :S
  24. austriker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,215 Posts
    #24  

    Default Re: Google Sync, Voice, Maps, Mail apps for your BlackBerry

    Quote Originally Posted by prashob619 View Post
    anyone?

    :S
    I have no idea, sorry! Mines broken too. I wonder if anyone knows
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

    Don't Panic
  25. dimm0k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prashob619 View Post
    downloaded google sync..
    but cannot sync :S
    always shows Sync Failed.

    any way to sync?
    I should really remove that link... The google sync app is dead because of google discontinuing the servers for this service on the BB. You'll have to rely on BIS for your google sync option.
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

    My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    Thanked by:
    austriker (01-22-2013) 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 06:24 PM
  2. Premuim: Gift Organizer App for your BlackBerry
    By vivekviki in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 01:14 AM
  3. Best FREE apps for your Blackberry
    By Shellyduchsk8s in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM
  4. New Year celebrations - New year apps for your BlackBerry
    By pepper_pk in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 08:25 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions