I put all of my calendar info into my Storm from my former Palm Tungsten T3 about 2 months ago.

I'm a guitar teacher, so nearly all of my appointments are repeating appointments... I enter them once and they repeat for months at least, sometimes years, without change.

It's a real drag that there is no desktop version of the BB calendar, so I thought I would try Google Sync and sync my calendar with that for when I'm at the computer and don't need the BB handy.

The problem is, Google sync only syncs new events that get put in. All of my existing events don't go in to Google Calendar, and won't since I rarely change them.

Does anyone know how to:
    1. get google sync to take my "old" stuff that hasn't changed recently.
    2. export all of my BB calendar info as an ical or csv file that can be uploaded into google calendar directly (at least it appears that way from using google calendar.

Oh, and I don't use outlook or anything else Microsoft except Windows Vista, and even that is only because I have to for other apps to run.

Thanks a ton if you can help at all.
    04-12-09 12:56 AM
    I agree!

If you find a answer please post it!

I'd love to use google sync like this.

-Evan
    04-12-09 07:58 AM
    Be careful - gsync handles recurring appointments badly... Wish they would sort out their bugs, but they aren't

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 08:37 AM
    The biggest thing I dislike about google calendar sync is that it does not have an option to keep old appointments. When it removed the old stuff, it removes them from both the BB and google calendar. I don't mind the being gone from my BB but I like to keep the "originals" on my calendar as an archive.
    04-12-09 09:08 AM
    Don't get me started on the shortcomings of Google Sync.

If I want to send an invite out to someone using the online calendar, it then won't sync to the BB correctly at all and sometimes deletes the actual item completely from all calendars.
    04-12-09 04:40 PM
    I also tried to use Google Sync and couldn't get it to sync anything but new appointments. I don't particular care for iCal, but was able to get it sort of working with PocketMac.

I recently picked up and installed a copy of Outlook on XP using VM Fusion and am having problems sync'ing the calendar with that as well. Interestingly, the problems are similar to the Google Sync issues.
    04-12-09 07:27 PM
    The biggest thing I dislike about google calendar sync is that it does not have an option to keep old appointments. When it removed the old stuff, it removes them from both the BB and google calendar. I don't mind the being gone from my BB but I like to keep the "originals" on my calendar as an archive.
    I've been using google calendar for two years and none of my events are ever deleted from the desktop. Only items older than a month are deleted from my BB calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 08:18 PM
    Google sync works very well with my 8830. I haven't noticed any major problems.

Would it work differently if I get a Storm?

thanks
    04-13-09 08:21 AM
    I haven't used it, but Desktop Manager could sync with Yahoo!. Perhaps that'd work better...
    04-13-09 12:54 PM
    Here's something I've looked at, but never bothered to use. It looks like it's designed to do exactly what you want....

Welcome to ScheduleWorld!

I believe it's basically a customized Funambol server. It does have the ability to sync with google calendar.

I personally use myFunambol Portal beta, but it doesn't yet support google calendar (that I'm aware of). However it does have it's own calendar that you can use, if you're not dead set on google. I use it to sync OTA with Outlook.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-13-09 at 01:32 PM.
    04-13-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD