I know this has been discussed before....many times, but after 4 days of searching I still can't find a consistent answer. Maybe there isn't one. The questions are:

1) Is Google sync the easiest way to "realtime" sync Contacts and Calendar with my phone?

2) Since Google sync does not sync "tasks and memos", can I still use DM to do that between Outlook and my phone.

The bottom line is after reading all of the various threads and posts on this subject (few being very recent) it seems Google Sync is anything but flawless, (duplications, deletions, etc). I'm only looking to sync the 4 Outlook entries (Contacts, Cal, Tasks, Memos NO email) with my phone and computer
    simply in real time. I would appreciate any help "out there". Thanks in advance.
    05-09-11 04:12 PM
    1) Easy is a relative term.
    2) Yes

Syncing with OE will not be realtime. Myself, my contact list does not change enough or frequently enough to merit realtime syncing.
    05-09-11 04:27 PM
    1) Easy is a relative term.
    2) Yes

Syncing with OE will not be realtime. Myself, my contact list does not change enough or frequently enough to merit realtime syncing.
    Thanks! Maybe "realtime" is not the proper phrase, but I am tired of making changes on my phone or calendar and forgetting to sync in a timely manner and then not having the changes made...especially frustrating when I make an appt on the road and don't sync for 2-3 days and double book. Just thought there must be a better way and have read much about Google Sync with Outlook and Blackberry. I also have many years on my calendar (i need for searching past appts) and I am not sure how far back Google Sync will allow me to go.
    05-09-11 05:19 PM
    I'm using Google Sync and it's working well here. I've seen it that it caused duplicate contacts and calendar entries, but that can be solved.

I have a Google Apps account, so this works good for me.
    05-09-11 05:34 PM
    I'm using Google Sync and it's working well here. I've seen it that it caused duplicate contacts and calendar entries, but that can be solved.

I have a Google Apps account, so this works good for me.
    thanks! How will a Google apps account help?
    05-09-11 06:26 PM
    I have a regular account and I don't use the Google Sync app. I go for the native BIS sync features and they never fail me.

They used to be bugged (from not working to multi-cloning contacts) but now it is working like a charm.
    05-09-11 07:38 PM
    The built-in BIS sync works between the BB and Google? That's news to me. . . Can someone else confirm? That would mean we no longer need Google Sync on the BB - no?

In other news, my Google Sync just stopped working 2 days ago . . . been working just fine for 2 years . . . is this a server problem or just my problem?
    05-12-11 04:21 PM
    thanks! How will a Google apps account help?
    I have no freaking idea why I said that. Guess it was kinda late lol.

The built-in BIS sync works between the BB and Google? That's news to me. . . Can someone else confirm? That would mean we no longer need Google Sync on the BB - no?

In other news, my Google Sync just stopped working 2 days ago . . . been working just fine for 2 years . . . is this a server problem or just my problem?
    Working just fine here. And yes, the built in BIS sync works.
    05-12-11 04:27 PM
    If the BIS sync now works . . . against Google Apps . . . for contacts and calendar . . . . then why do we still need Google Sync?
    05-12-11 04:29 PM
    If the BIS sync now works . . . against Google Apps . . . for contacts and calendar . . . . then why do we still need Google Sync?
    Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I find the Google Sync app more reliable then BIS sync.

EDIT: with Google Sync you can only sync it for 1 account.
    With the BIS sync, you can sync as many data bases as you want, depending on how many accounts you have linked to your Blackberry.
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 05-12-11 at 05:01 PM.
    05-12-11 04:34 PM
    Can you explain to me how BIS sync will solve this problem? While I originally wanted all 4 applications to sync to outlook (contacts cal tasks memos), I could live with only Contacts and Calendar, but from what I have been told, Google apps synce Outlook Cal and Google contacts.....not Outlook contacts.
    Does BIS sync Outlook contacts and Outlook calendar in a "two way" sync?
    05-12-11 04:41 PM
    Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I find the Google Sync app more reliable then BIS sync.
    For which contact base......Outlook or Google?
    05-12-11 04:42 PM
    For which contact base......Outlook or Google?
    For Google.
    peege likes this.
    05-12-11 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD