I've updated to Google Sync to the latest version (0.7.3). I've noticed that none of the appointments I add on my handset are getting pushed to my Google Calendar, even though I get new events from my calendar pushed to my handset.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there another option for Google Calendar / Blackberry Calendar sync?
    05-03-10 01:37 PM
    I've updated to Google Sync to the latest version (0.7.3). I've noticed that none of the appointments I add on my handset are getting pushed to my Google Calendar, even though I get new events from my calendar pushed to my handset.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there another option for Google Calendar / Blackberry Calendar sync?
    I believe it says that calendar items made on your device will be updated to your online calendar every two hours.
    05-03-10 01:43 PM
    I believe it says that calendar items made on your device will be updated to your online calendar every two hours.
    I've just re-installed it so I'll wait before concluding on this, but these are items I've added days ago. I've tried logging out of Sync and logging back in (which deletes all of your synced data and contacts) to no avail. We'll see in a few hours if reinstalling helped.
    05-03-10 01:49 PM
    I had that same issue a while back. It seems as though the FB calendar was overriding my google calendar. I had to go into my settings to fix it. It was a PITA but once I made all the changes, all was good. I am so sorry I can not tell you exactly what I did. I googled "google calander for blackberry not updating" and found all the answers both from forums here and elsewhere.
    05-03-10 01:55 PM
    I had that same issue a while back. It seems as though the FB calendar was overriding my google calendar. I had to go into my settings to fix it. It was a PITA but once I made all the changes, all was good. I am so sorry I can not tell you exactly what I did. I googled "google calander for blackberry not updating" and found all the answers both from forums here and elsewhere.
    My first step is always Google. But thank you anyway. It's very possible I'm in the same situation. I hate the Facebook calendar integration, and I regret ever turning it back on. I'm going to wipe my calendar entries, turn off Facebook calendar, and see if that helps.

Thanks!
    05-03-10 02:51 PM
    Out of all the RIM Native apps, facebook is by far the worst!
    05-03-10 03:01 PM
    My first step is always Google. But thank you anyway. It's very possible I'm in the same situation. I hate the Facebook calendar integration, and I regret ever turning it back on. I'm going to wipe my calendar entries, turn off Facebook calendar, and see if that helps.

Thanks!
    You don't have to do that. Go into your facebook app and turn off the calendar. Then go into your advanced options, service books, and delete the facebook CICAL. You should be all good. Also, make sure your gmail account is your default calendar. That's in advanced options, default settings. See if that helps.
    05-03-10 03:05 PM
    You don't have to do that. Go into your facebook app and turn off the calendar. Then go into your advanced options, service books, and delete the facebook CICAL. You should be all good. Also, make sure your gmail account is your default calendar. That's in advanced options, default settings. See if that helps.
    Ha, wish I had checked the thread before I wiped it. However, clearing all of the entries didn't seem to have too much of an impact. I'll have to wait to see if all of this solved the original problem, but I feel better that I got rid of the Facebook calendar anyway. Facebook's event system is probably the worst I've ever seen. Anyway, thanks for all of your help!
    05-03-10 03:29 PM
    I decided to try using Google Calendar instead of Outlook. I'm only on BIS and I'm fed up with having to manually synchronize my Calendar/Contacts. So, I just installed the Google Sync application about 25 minutes ago.

I ran the synchronization immediately, and all of my contacts moved into gmail perfectly. None of my calendar entries moved! My gmail account is my "default" account on my BlackBerry for everything. This doesn't make sense. My Google Calendar (on the web) is empty. Everything should have been copied from my BlackBerry to my Google Calendar.... ::sigh::

So, I decided to try something... I have 4 recurring calendar entries. 8am, 12pm, 6pm and 10pm Calendar reminders on my BlackBerry to remind me to take my medications at those times. I deleted those entries on my BlackBerry and then re-entered them into my BlackBerry Calendar. I ran the Google Sync application again.

Right now, the Google Sync application on my BlackBerry is "Uploading New Entries.." to my Google Calendar. The progress bar hasn't moved in 10 minutes. I logged into my Google Calendar on my PC and I see that it has moved 2 of those 4 entires into my Google Calendar. This is taking so long, I can not see this being a solution I want to live with on a daily basis.
    05-03-10 04:39 PM
    It's weird because for some people it works fine and for others it doesn't work at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 04:54 PM
    My problem with the Google Calendar is that when I put a span of time for multiple days, the Blackberry calendar only displays the first day, not the entire span.

For example, during the school year I put my possession times with my ex-wife on there....and instead of showing the entire time, it shows the first day only. Is that a settings issues with the Blackberry?
    06-27-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD