Has Google made some kind of change this past week? I noticed 2 days ago that my latest calendar changes (made via google on my PC) were not syncing to my Storm. No system or software changes were made by me this week or last or recently. I go to sync using Google Sync - it will update contacts but consistently fails to update the calendar. I have uninstalled Google Sync 5 times - reinstalled - same scenario. I have restored my Storm to a previous backup. Same scenario. I have logged out of Google Sync - to numerous to count - logged back in. Same scenario.

Any suggestions? I use my google calendar for everything as I travel a lot and Outlook is not an option. Thanks!

I hate having to depend on Google Sync. Will switching to Droid be any better?
    02-06-10 03:28 AM
    My google sync kicked me out earlier, said I had a bad password, working now...

Can u check how often it updates? Change the auto to every hour or whatever

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 03:34 AM
    Something certainly changed with Google this past week, I was telling my wife this earlier today. I noticed that I was signed out of every Google service and app I have on my computer and BB, so I had to sign back in. I also noticed that every single friend I have on Google Latitude has been signed out for the exact same amount of time, 2 days as of early afternoon Friday. I have a friends on Latitude on every carrier with Blackberry's and Android devices. My wife was also having issues with signing into Latitude. Makes you wonder what Google did, doesn't it?? Maybe it had to do with the NSA thing...

02-06-10 03:42 AM
    I sync'd 3 times since yesterday and today.
    02-06-10 08:05 AM
    Has Google made some kind of change this past week? I noticed 2 days ago that my latest calendar changes (made via google on my PC) were not syncing to my Storm.
    Maybe there have been some internal changes with Google - I've been hating on Google Sync/Calendar for the past week, and finally got to the point where I completely gave up on both, deleted Sync from my BB, and went back to using Outlook. A little limiting, but at least it works dependably, which is more than what I can say about GoogleSync/Calendar.
    02-06-10 12:17 PM
    Maybe there have been some internal changes with Google - I've been hating on Google Sync/Calendar for the past week, and finally got to the point where I completely gave up on both, deleted Sync from my BB, and went back to using Outlook. A little limiting, but at least it works dependably, which is more than what I can say about GoogleSync/Calendar.
    I just successfully synced two minutes ago. Not sure what your issues could have been Marfaboy, but I did try to give you some pointers and advice on the other thread that you started about this subject.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...s-ever-417716/
    02-06-10 12:50 PM
    I just successfully synced two minutes ago. Not sure what your issues could have been Marfaboy, but I did try to give you some pointers and advice on the other thread that you started about this subject.
    Hi, Cenloe - I explictly followed the steps that you outlined in last night's post, and I appreciate your input. However, it did not correct the issues I've been having with Google Sync/Google Calendar - I was having the same problems again this morning (entries and events disappearing from my device calendar AND Google Calendar).

Again, I only have one calendar, and it is associated to my Gmail account, and I cannot discern what the problem is. As I noted in that post, Sync/Calendar worked great for several weeks, and then suddenly started deleting (or losing) my calendar events.

My calendar is just too important to my business/personal life, and I can't afford to be losing critical dates and appointments because of Google Sync/Calendar quirkiness.

Thanks again for your help, though....
    02-06-10 02:03 PM
    Hi, Cenloe - I explictly followed the steps that you outlined in last night's post, and I appreciate your input. However, it did not correct the issues I've been having with Google Sync/Google Calendar - I was having the same problems again this morning (entries and events disappearing from my device calendar AND Google Calendar).

Again, I only have one calendar, and it is associated to my Gmail account, and I cannot discern what the problem is. As I noted in that post, Sync/Calendar worked great for several weeks, and then suddenly started deleting (or losing) my calendar events.

My calendar is just too important to my business/personal life, and I can't afford to be losing critical dates and appointments because of Google Sync/Calendar quirkiness.

Thanks again for your help, though....
    No problem, I completely understand the need for a calendar to be working as it should. Sometimes these problems can be attributed to the device itself, different devices can have different problems, even if they are the same model.
    02-06-10 03:26 PM
    My google sync has been acting up lately so I just synced it to ical now and its been fine for me

02-06-10 10:00 PM
    Like everyone else my Google Calendar sync is broken.

Google Calendar to Blackberry works.
    Blackberry to Google Calendar doesn't work at all.

As far as I can tell between Crackberry and the Google Help Forums there's no answer to this problem.

Has anybody been able to fix this?
    Why won't Google and RIM put ten guys in a room together and don't let them out until its fixed?
    02-10-10 02:51 PM
    Check under the options for "Sync these calendars" in Google Sync to be sure you are syncing new handheld events to a calendar online.

Last edited by no1; 02-10-10 at 04:37 PM.
    02-10-10 04:33 PM
    Having the same issue. First I noticed I'd been kicked out since Feb. 2, then after I signed back in again it would get stuck "in progress." After uninstalling and reinstalling, it syncs "successfully" without actually syncing anything. Both ways. And yes, I've checked all my settings.

I wonder if this has anything to do with all the Google phones that just got released...whatever it is, I'm disappointed that this app has stopped working, and there's no official support since it's a beta.
    02-11-10 02:06 AM
    Google Sync seems to have started working for me again. Added different calendar entries on both the computer and the Blackberry, and they both synced each way.

Is it back for everybody else?

Did anyone hear what the problem was?
    02-16-10 05:05 PM
    I even wiped my BB clean and reinstalled Google Sync..still can't get the program to see my calendars - only sees the "default calendar"...should I delete all Cical entries and start again? Is that difficult to build the Cical's again?
    02-19-10 11:24 AM
    So part of my problem may have been that I didn't check the "sync calendar" box when I reinstalled Sync...oops! Anyway, seems to be working fine now.
    02-20-10 03:41 PM
    I did wipe the Cical's completely...still Googlesync refuses to sync to my Gmail calendar. And the box is checked on Googlesync.
    02-20-10 05:48 PM
    I've narrowed it down to something wrong with the actual Google calendar. I've wiped my BB completely using the JL cmder program so there was nada left on my BB, then I reloaded from scratch. Put on Googlesync and still same problem. It only sees "default calendar" and not my calendar. At this point I just can't find an answer. Have tried unsyncing the calendar, deleting all events on the BB, reinstalling, battery pulls, the only thing I'm not willing to do is delete my desktop google calendar. I can't find any method of sending a direct msg to anyone at Google to help. Anyone got a contact there?? Thanks
    02-21-10 08:39 PM
    Sync stopped working for me too last week but I just had to sign out and back in and then it started working again. I also got an email from Google a few days after that saying that due to internal updates or something like that I'd been signed out of latitude, so I'd say yes they made some kind of change.

Have you tried syncing a different google calender? Make a new account and calender to test.

02-22-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD