Hey all.
    I have been using Google sync on my bold for quite a while. All of a sudden (within the last week or so) I have noticed that my contacts are being duplicated multiple times. The truly strange part is that its not doing this to all my contacts. Just a few random ones will be copied 10 to 15 times. The others are left alone.
    Has anyone else had this problem, or have any ideas on how I can stop this?
    Thanks guys!
    B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 06:56 PM
    Hey all.
    I have been using Google sync on my bold for quite a while. All of a sudden (within the last week or so) I have noticed that my contacts are being duplicated multiple times. The truly strange part is that its not doing this to all my contacts. Just a few random ones will be copied 10 to 15 times. The others are left alone.
    Has anyone else had this problem, or have any ideas on how I can stop this?
    Thanks guys!
    B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    l

Can't explain the problem to you, but I had a similar thing happen except with appointments and contacts. It actually took emails and switched them to different users. But catch this. I would send an email, using Outlook 2003, and the address showed fine in the address line, but it would go to another contact. It only showed when I looked at the address line in the sent mail that I could see it. I had to delete the contact and re-enter it, that solved the problem. I have about 800 contacts, and there may still be a few gremlins in there. If I have something sensitive to send, I send a test email blank and look at the sent copy to see if I missed one. I'm doing some checking, will let you know if I find something out. I called it my evil BB for a while.
    04-23-09 08:39 AM
    i have teh same problem...i dont get THAT many dupliocates contacts but i might have 2-3 tops....but they are all diferent ...like if i have 3 john smiths...

one will have his phone number...another will have his email...another will have his second email...or somthing along those lines...its annoying but only took me liek 5-10 mins to manually fix it and copy all contact info into one entry....i can imagine with 15 it might take alot longer.
    Never bothered me enough to really fix it.
    04-23-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD