This all started because I simply wanted to sync my Facebook Events with my BB calendar, but it has become crazy annoying. I assumed the FB app would always sync my events as it did the first time I used it, but turns out it doesn't...it only syncs them on the very first login or if you clear the BB's data.

So I decided to export my FB events to my Google Calendar (which I never use, but decided to for this purpose only); that part was super simple. Then I downloaded the Google Sync onto my BB (from m.google.com/sync).

I figured out the problem most people initially have with this app (turning off Compatibility) so I was able to enter both my email address and my password. Each time I did so I got a message telling me that the login info and password do not match; after a few tries it changed to a message telling me the account was locked and had me enter the letters from a CAPTCHA. I entered these letters correctly and it takes me back to the login screen and we start all over again...and again...and again.

I have tried a battery pull, uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling the app, and also have tried entering my email address in all Caps since that is how I entered it when I signed up (someone suggested this could help).

If anyone has a solution, please let me know!
    11-18-09 11:06 AM
    It seems to have randomly resolved whatever issues it was having after the 9th attempt....
    11-18-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD