I synced my contacts with the bis gmail sync and worked great. After a couple of minutes I decided to make a phone call and to my surprise all my contacts where gone. So I downloaded the google app to get my contacts back and know it has duplicated almost every other contact. Now I almost have duplicates of every contact on my gmail and my Bold.

It didnt bother me as much but now I had to go in to my gmail and erase the duplicates as well as on my Bold. Does anybody know why this happens? Should I keep the google app to sync my contacts or use the bis one provided? If I have both on, will it affect my contacts or the sync process?

I am also new to gmail if that helps. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Last edited by kid108; 03-31-10 at 11:30 PM.
    03-31-10 10:25 PM
    Please anybody help. This is bugging me like crazy. Also does having the bis sync on, will it sync automatically when I input a new contact. Thanks.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-01-10 01:04 AM
    See the attached photo for a possible fix (That is located in your Google Contacts). I had the same issue with mine after I activated mobile backup, and it went to war with Google Sync over my address book. This cleaned mine up without having to do them one at a time.

Hope that helps!
    04-01-10 01:13 AM
    See the attached photo for a possible fix (That is located in your Google Contacts). I had the same issue with mine after I activated mobile backup, and it went to war with Google Sync over my address book. This cleaned mine up without having to do them one at a time.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the help. I just spent the last hour tying to fix my contacts. For some strange reason they all multiplied again. Some contacts copied seven times on my address book. I finally figuered it out and I had both BIS and google app on automatic sync and both on. I am an *****. Lol .

Once I turned them both off and deleted my contacts one by one on my phone (didnt want to take any chances), I went to my gmail and did what you showed me and perfecto. I just had to add a couple contacts that went missing in action.I finally did one last manual sync with the google app and presto! Like magic.

If anybody see's this thread please dont do what I did. I recomend not using the BIS gmail sync and just download the google sync app. Also make sure to put it on manuel not automatic. At least that woked for me.

Thanks again for the help and response. They where littery going to war .
    04-01-10 03:12 AM
    I tried this once before and it duplicated all my contacts. Question i have all my contacts are on my phone. I have a gmail account that i dont use. If i install google sync will it send all my contacts to gmail ? Or do i have to have them in gmail for them to be updated on my phone first?
    04-01-10 08:35 AM
    How do you turn of BIS Sync? Or see if it's on or off?

I've also suffered the problem of duplicate contacts.
    I also have Google Sync installed on my Bold and have it auto updating.
    04-01-10 10:39 AM
    I tried this once before and it duplicated all my contacts. Question i have all my contacts are on my phone. I have a gmail account that i dont use. If i install google sync will it send all my contacts to gmail ? Or do i have to have them in gmail for them to be updated on my phone first?
    It doesnt matter where yo have them, on Gmail or Blackberry device. It will sync both ways. I just got a new Gmail account and I synced my contacts from my 9700 to my Gmail. Just make sure BIS sync is not on. It will most likely duplicate your contacts. Also I have my google app set to manual sync not automatic.

I just set mines to manual. Dont know if having in auto is the source of the duplicate contacts. To turn BIS sync off go to Persoal email setup, highlight gmail account, press menu button, hit edit, and go down to synchronization options. Uncheck or check the first box with the email address book to device picture depending if you want it off or on. The first time I did it, it erased all my contacts drom my device and went to my gmail. I turned it off and use the google app know.
    Last edited by kid108; 04-01-10 at 02:01 PM.
    04-01-10 01:53 PM

manage email > google account > sync options > contacts | check = on : unchecked = off

04-01-10 02:03 PM
    this is why i deleted my gmail account - it emptied my contacts

thankfully i had done a sync right before it happened, so i was good.
    04-01-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD