Hello,

I sync all my contacts using Google Sync App for Blackberry to my gmail account. But I got Bold 9900 today and the app. installed fine. But its not syncing up. No error nothing just it won't transfer / connect to server i think.

Any resolution ?

Thanks.
    09-24-11 03:38 PM
    Mine works...make sure all permissions are set to yes and do a battery pull.
    09-24-11 04:17 PM
    Uninstall GoogleSync and just sync your gmail contacts through the BIS. You dont need GoogleSync anymore! Go into SETUP > EMAIL ACCOUNTS > *your gmail acct you want to sync* > SYNC OPTIONS > Check "contacts." Make sure youve deleted GoogleSync though b/c if it ever started working youd get duplicates...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 07:12 PM
    Uninstall GoogleSync and just sync your gmail contacts through the BIS. You dont need GoogleSync anymore! Go into SETUP > EMAIL ACCOUNTS > *your gmail acct you want to sync* > SYNC OPTIONS > Check "contacts." Make sure youve deleted GoogleSync though b/c if it ever started working youd get duplicates...

This!
    09-24-11 08:48 PM

For BIS contacts sync to work, does your BB have to have an empty contacts setup?
    09-24-11 10:23 PM
    Nope I have never had to wipe my contacts to sync.
    09-24-11 10:40 PM
    Nope I have never had to wipe my contacts to sync.
    Correct. You do not need to clear your contacts first. Sometimes, it does take a little while before things will begin to sync. Sometimes it doesn't. Who knows why. Give it a while if you notice a delay.

09-25-11 01:47 AM
    My wife and I have google calendar sync on our bb's. When we input an appt online it will sync to both phones. However, when we input something on our phone calendar it does not show up online or on the other device. Is there a way to correct this?

09-27-11 08:26 PM
    My wife and I have google calendar sync on our bb's. When we input an appt online it will sync to both phones. However, when we input something on our phone calendar it does not show up online or on the other device. Is there a way to correct this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post6705174
    Same as above but simply check "calendar" instead of "contacts."
    09-30-11 05:59 AM
    Doesn't work on my 9900, it used to work, but no longer functions.
    09-30-11 02:24 PM

This worked finally thanks!
    09-30-11 02:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post6705174
    Same as above but simply check "calendar" instead of "contacts."
    Unless I'm mistaken this won't work in this case. To sync two separate Google calendars to 2 devices, you need to use the app. Unless you're syncing a calendar under the same gmail address.
    09-30-11 02:38 PM
    *edit. nevermind. it started syncing instantly. i guess that is the default.

so how do you get it to stay synced with your desktop once it's set up? is their a sync interval or manual sync? i set up my gmail and it synced my calendar and contacts. but i have added things to my calendar via my BB and they are not showing up on my desktop gmail calendar.

I must be missing something or do I have to use BB desktop manager to keep both my desktop and phone synced?
    Last edited by chiplatham; 10-06-11 at 10:51 PM.
    10-06-11 05:39 PM
    Mine works...make sure all permissions are set to yes and do a battery pull.
    I don't have problems as well!
    10-07-11 02:48 PM
    I allowed all permissions, but this still wont work. Should I delete all my contacts prior to sync? Thanks in advance - gthis is driving me crazy.
    10-11-11 09:15 PM
    Hi,

i have a problem i cant sync all my contact always just 36 out of 500 and i have the same problem i want to sync it with blackberry desktop manager.
    what can i do'
    10-19-12 04:28 PM
    What do I do after this step? How do i transfer it to an iphone?

12-16-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD