Can anyone else verify that the Google Sync app stopped syncing now? Mine fails every time (since yesterday).
    12-14-12 11:46 AM
    Isn't there an EOL notification somewhere for Google sync for the BB?

*little Googling later* Google Sync for BlackBerry End of Life - Google Apps Help

States that it shouldn't work as of September 1st.... Strange.
    12-14-12 12:02 PM
    Yeah I saw that. Was surprised it lasted so long after September, but I think it's off for good now. Bring on BB10!!
    Gortoth666 likes this.
    12-14-12 12:06 PM
    Can't confirm that it doesn't work anymore... Just checked to see if I took it with me to my BB 9900, but it's apparently only installed on the trusty old 9700

Oh well, must be one of those glitches in the Matrix that it still worked up 'till now.
    12-14-12 12:08 PM
    First Google Maps, now Google Sync. No bueno. Hope BB10 handles multiple calendars well on its own
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-14-12 12:11 PM
    BB10 works grand with multiple calendars, just like the PlayBook now

How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    jonduran86 likes this.
    12-14-12 12:15 PM
    BB10 works grand with multiple calendars, just like the PlayBook now

How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

Thanks for this man
    12-14-12 12:16 PM
    so what do I do now on my 9800 & multiple google calendars? Is there a work around somehow?
    12-14-12 12:39 PM
    Super frustrating - I have been using google sync since my first 8330... Damn. Any work arounds for multiple calendar syncing?
    12-14-12 01:11 PM
    First Google Maps, now Google Sync. No bueno. Hope BB10 handles multiple calendars well on its own
    We don't know that this isn't a shift toward BB10, instead of legacy OSes that will go away.
    12-14-12 01:42 PM
    All the more reason RIM needs to step up and create their own cloud / web based email, calendar, contacts syncing system.
    Neil9800 and Taigatrommel like this.
    12-14-12 02:47 PM
    Agree with POWDAH. RIM need need to offer this as well.

So is there a work around? How do I get my Birthdays, appointments etc all from different calendars to now sync with my 9800?

My PB has them synced but I cannot always have that with me.

Second question - how do I move over from google sync to BIS sync with minimum fuss?
    12-14-12 04:22 PM
    Can anyone else verify that the Google Sync app stopped syncing now? Mine fails every time (since yesterday).
    Same here. Started failing after my last sync which was around 12:00PM EST. Tried logging off and back on - same result.
    12-14-12 04:46 PM
    it stopped for me
    12-14-12 05:59 PM
    I can confirm this also, its not working. I guess this is it for Google Sync.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 07:25 PM
    Did a quick search of App World using the terms "sync" and "calendar sync" - nothing useful. I guess we all need to figure out a good workaround.
    12-15-12 01:11 AM
    I heard about the workaround that you create a seperate google-account for each calendar, add all this accounts (in my case 4) to BIS and sync it via BIS.
    Did anybody try that?
    Last edited by ThaRu; 12-16-12 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-15-12 05:33 AM
    The simple solution would be for RIM to allow subscriptions to remote calendars directly in the calendar app on our older bb's
    12-15-12 11:29 AM
    I heard about the woraround that you create a seperate google-account for each calendar, add all this accounts (in my case 4) to BIS and sync it via BIS.
    Did anybody try that?
    Is there a way to have these accounts automatically populated after you make changes in a main account? I'd hate to keep signing in and out of my main account just to make a calendar change.

EDIT: I think I figured out a solution. Create separate accounts and sync them with calendar options as suggested by ThaRu. Then add then the appropriate "guests" to each calendar in your main account for each event. A few extra mouse clicks and keystrokes since there doesn't seem to be a way to auto-add guests to a calendar, but it should work.
    Last edited by deltact; 12-15-12 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Potential solution added
    12-15-12 12:29 PM
    Is there a way to have these accounts automatically populated after you make changes in a main account? I'd hate to keep signing in and out of my main account just to make a calendar change.
    On the desktop side I thought about adding all those accounts via CalDAV to iCal on my mac. That's how I have it now with my multiple calendars on one single account.
    That's syncs perfectly with Google and that hopefully syncs with my BB over BIS. Which I never tried out before, because I didn't use my google account on my BIS so far.

EDIT: Okay, I tried it out, and it works perfectly for me. I created a seperate gmail account for each calender, activated them on my BB and sync now via BIS to the gmail-servers and from there via CalDAV to iCal on the mac. Perfect over-the-air sync in both directions.
    The unexpected advantage is: now I have different calendar-colors also on the BB and I can create events for all calendars. Pretty cool!
    The only problem can occur while creating a bunch of gmail-accounts from the same computer.
    After a while google get suspicious and thinks you are a spammer and begins to ask for phone verification, which I simply don't want to do.
    (btw. I'm paranoid, I'm not even on FB)
    So it probably helps if you have access to more computers for creating those accounts.
    Hope this helps...
    Last edited by ThaRu; 12-16-12 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Personal solution found
    deltact likes this.
    12-15-12 02:06 PM
    Heh, I don't use Google sync or their calendar, even though I have gmails. Google just doesn't appreciate its community and the same for /offtopic youtube username logging in being switched to e-mail login only /offtopic. Google is just being ignorant of its community.
    12-16-12 06:32 PM

EDIT: I think I figured out a solution. Create separate accounts and sync them with calendar options as suggested by ThaRu. Then add then the appropriate "guests" to each calendar in your main account for each event. A few extra mouse clicks and keystrokes since there doesn't seem to be a way to auto-add guests to a calendar, but it should work.
    Yeah, it works. Of course, you need to have less than 10 email accounts, lol. I would advise using Desktop Manager to wipe the contacts and calendar on your phone before re-enabling sync so you don't wind up with a lot of duplicates.
    12-17-12 11:50 PM
    But what happens to all the calendar entries that were synced via Google sync if I now set my phone to pull down the same calendar via BIS? Do I end up with duplicates?
    12-18-12 02:28 AM
    OK, so now I'm screwed. Been using Google Sync to sync two separate Google Calendars to my 9800. I don't have a gmail account and now have absolutely no calendar in my Torch.

I've read the posts above, but again, don't have a gmail account. I have two Windows Live email addresses and neither allows me to sync the calendar. I have one year left on this this and it's suddenly a piece of junk!

My calendar is my life!

Mike
    12-18-12 01:57 PM
    It does work! For what it's worth, I don't use Gmail, only outlook, but I needed to create a Gmail account in order to sync my outlook calendar with my Kindle Fire HD. Since I don't use my Kindle for emails from my Outlook account (already have Outlook emails, etc syncing to my desk top computer, netbook and BB Torch and didn't need hundreds of emails a day coming into my Kindle as well) but I still needed to get my oulook calendar on the Kindle. I had to open a Gmail account on my tablet/desktop, and then after a huge amount of research, figured out how to sync my outlook automatically to my Kindle via Google Sync. Wow--lot of explanation!
    Anyway back to topic, I started getting the Google sync message two days ago that it wasn't working but it actually was! It's been syncing every 30 mins like clockwork and now no longer shows the error message. I don't know what's going on but the message is gone and its continued to sync. Its probably important to note that I only use one calendar--Outlook and DO NOT use any others like FB etc. and I uncheded all other calendars in my Outlook as well as my 9810 and only use the one associated with my email account. Not sure if this info will help anyone or not, but wanted to share what's happening with my google sync and how I have it set up. Thanks and hope this helps!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-18-12 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typos
    12-18-12 05:16 PM
29 12