I recently used the search function and found THIS THREAD: Google Calendar sync and Google Sync for BB? How to play nice? to be the most recent thread regarding my question; however, I did not see a solution.

Therefore, I thought I'd ask again. Here is what I want to do:

I have 9700/5.0.0.979
    DTM6

I have my 9700 synced to my desktop outlook's contacts and calendar. (I also sync my wife's BB Curve 83310/4.5.0.110 - this is done, so both my wife and I know exactly what we are both doing [we both have busy schedules])

I want to create a google account, migrate/sync all my contacts and calendar from outlook to my new google account; so I have real time sync with my 9700.

Therefore, is there a tutorial or can someone provide some direction that would accomplish this scenario?

Thank you and please take care,
    Judson
    Last edited by Judson50; 12-11-10 at 03:28 PM.
    12-11-10 03:25 PM
    I've never had any success with Google Sync working right. It always seems to just add what's in my google account to my BB, which creates doubles/triples of my contacts and appointments.
    12-11-10 03:56 PM
    @SCrid2000

Di you use an official OS or a leaked/beta when syncing with Google and what version (Google sync) did you use?
    12-11-10 04:06 PM
    That's happened to me everywhere from official 4.5 to leaked 6.0, hybrid or stock os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 04:08 PM
    I just read that google sync is still in beta. Perhaps that is why people have trouble.

I am curious, is there anyone that it works for?

12-11-10 04:18 PM
    I've never had any success with Google Sync working right. It always seems to just add what's in my google account to my BB, which creates doubles/triples of my contacts and appointments.
    You need to make a backup first, and then delete the calendar entries through the advanced function on DM.

After that, sync with Google Sync, and everything should be on there, once.
    12-11-10 06:22 PM
    You need to make a backup first, and then delete the calendar entries through the advanced function on DM.

After that, sync with Google Sync, and everything should be on there, once.
    That'd work great if I didn't enter stuff into my BlackBerry calendar
    I just sync my BlackBerry with outlook and sync outlook with gmail. A few more steps, but it actually works.

12-11-10 06:25 PM
    Has anyone used Google Sync lately to sync contacts only? Does it still leave you with multiple contacts in your BlackBerry? It did when I first used it. Thinking about trying it again

12-22-10 05:19 PM
    There should be no issues with Google Sync and contacts.
    12-22-10 06:13 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it another DL. It is useful.

12-22-10 06:41 PM
    I have found it to be extremely useful. Before Verizon got Backup Assistant, I used it all the time. Now that I am on AT&T, I still use it. I won't use a phone without it.
    12-22-10 07:08 PM
    That'd work great if I didn't enter stuff into my BlackBerry calendar
    I just sync my BlackBerry with outlook and sync outlook with gmail. A few more steps, but it actually works.
    Google Even released a small desktop application that will monitor your outlook and keep your gmail account updated.

Heavy Fluid, chrisy520, you guys do know that two-way contact/calendar sync is already natively suported by BIS right? For contacts at least, Google Sync is no longer needed. If you have multiple calendars, then it comes in handy... Unless you need them to have different colors for faster identification...

I know nobody asked for this but I found a workaround for the problem with calendar colors. Person A and B, each have different gmail accounts with respective calendars (hubs and wife for example). Person A ands B's email to his device and sets the filter not to send emails to the device. Contact sync off. Calendar Sync on.
    12-22-10 09:00 PM
    another happy Google sync user - No issues both withcalndar and contacts although repeated events entered on BB only come up as one time only on google calendar and changing hings on the clanedar does not delete them from the BB
    12-23-10 03:57 AM
    Google Even released a small desktop application that will monitor your outlook and keep your gmail account updated.

Heavy Fluid, chrisy520, you guys do know that two-way contact/calendar sync is already natively suported by BIS right? For contacts at least, Google Sync is no longer needed. If you have multiple calendars, then it comes in handy... Unless you need them to have different colors for faster identification...

I know nobody asked for this but I found a workaround for the problem with calendar colors. Person A and B, each have different gmail accounts with respective calendars (hubs and wife for example). Person A ands B's email to his device and sets the filter not to send emails to the device. Contact sync off. Calendar Sync on.
    I don't sync my calendar but that's good info, thanks!

12-23-10 07:26 AM
    I know all about BIS having a sync. I disabled mine after all of my calendar entries showed up 10 times for each event, and I had a contact with 47 entries. Once that was fixed, turned off BIS syncing, and only use Google Sync. Worked before, and still works now. No need to change it.
    12-23-10 11:43 AM
    Google Sync worked great. It did create some duplicate contacts in my BlackBerry. But that's because I had slightly different names for the same contact. I like having that extra backup. Also nice to have all my BlackBerry contacts in my gmail!

12-24-10 04:35 PM
    I know all about BIS having a sync. I disabled mine after all of my calendar entries showed up 10 times for each event, and I had a contact with 47 entries. Once that was fixed, turned off BIS syncing, and only use Google Sync. Worked before, and still works now. No need to change it.
    Hey, each to its own. I just prefer not wasting device memory/processor power/performance by having another app running in the background when I can have the same (even better, if you acknoledge my workaround) results just by using BIS.
    12-24-10 04:45 PM
    Hey, each to its own. I just prefer not wasting device memory/processor power/performance by having another app running in the background when I can have the same (even better, if you acknoledge my workaround) results just by using BIS.
    I close it after each sync, and only manually sync. It's not running in the background, not taking up much space (421kb or so) and it doesn't affect performance. However, it is very reliable, which is not what I found the case to be with BIS syncing.
    12-24-10 05:53 PM
    I have used Google Sync in the past and it worked really well.

My daughter got a new blackberry (9650) for Xmas and when setting up her Gmail account (Sprint BIS), we enabled the wireless sync for contacts. Initially it synced all her contacts. She then went in to Gmail (Online via PC) and made a bunch of changes.

My question is how do you manually sync at that point? Is it on a schedule?

The only way I could figure it out was by resending the service books.
    12-27-10 10:15 AM
    Did they fix the problem of Google BIS contact sync putting all the address information into one address field?
    12-27-10 11:45 AM
    I've tried Google Sync, BIS sync and they never ever seem to work quite right (same problems everyone has mentioned here before: duplicate entries in both contacts and calendars; doesn't fill in the address in the correct fields; leaves some fields empty when syncing - contact anniversaries etc, etc, etc . . . . . . )

I always go back to wired sync with Desktop Manager + Microsoft Outlook, which works perfectly.

Why cant RIM/Google or whoever, get this right? Is it that difficult??
    12-27-10 02:55 PM
    Did they fix the problem of Google BIS contact sync putting all the address information into one address field?
    Yes, that's fixed.

12-27-10 07:09 PM
    Guys I would some help and advise.

I tried to have Google sync the normal way but it keep show server error. Connected to Wifi and same thing. I deleted all my calender entries completely and tried to sync and still failed.

So, what did I do wrong? I still can't get it connecting and working well.
    12-28-10 04:32 AM
    Yes, that's fixed.

No, it's not! GSync still butchers contacts.
    12-28-10 07:39 AM
    I just used Google Sync and all the addresses went into the correct fields. Worked fine for me. I can tell it worked because if the addresses were all in one field then my Garmin Mobile would give me an error when selecting an address from the BlackBerry contact list.

What specifically was butchered when you used Google Sync?

12-28-10 07:47 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD