Hi everyone

I have the new Flip and I'm trying to use Google Sync. I keep getting "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings." I have reviewed all my settings. What may i be missing?

To give you some info, I am on an email only plan, no data plan. I thought I could do this thru the wireless feature.

Appreciate the help you can provide.

The Moose
    Last edited by moosehead2000; 01-01-09 at 12:34 PM.
    01-01-09 12:21 PM
    I believe you need a BB data plan.

I just bought the 8220 for my wife and can't get anything going over wifi, other than UMA with the BB feature enabler.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 05:26 PM
    Thanks for the response.

Does anyone know if this is 100% true, that you would need the data plan?

Would this also be applicable to other apps, such as Facebook, ESPN, etc? I've been having trouble getting them going as well.

Many thanks!!
    01-01-09 09:20 PM
    I'm not familiar with an email only plan, but yes, what you're attempting to do does require date...same with Facebook, etc.
    01-01-09 09:23 PM
    Yep, it can be confirmed, you need a Data Plan to use most apps like Google Sync. Without, Sync will fail 100% of the time, sorry mate.
    01-02-09 05:01 AM
    Yes, a data plan is required.

01-02-09 07:39 PM
    That's disappointing. Thanks for the info

01-03-09 08:58 AM
    I'm too on a email only plan but with 3months of free internet access with rogers.

I was planning on installing some apps on the phone, ones that dont require internet, but was wondering do I still need a data plan to even get em installed first thing?

This wont be a problem for the first 3 months as I said but passed that, I want to be sure Ill be able to add and remove apps.
    01-03-09 09:46 AM
    I'm too on a email only plan but with 3months of free internet access with rogers.

I was planning on installing some apps on the phone, ones that dont require internet, but was wondering do I still need a data plan to even get em installed first thing?

This wont be a problem for the first 3 months as I said but passed that, I want to be sure Ill be able to add and remove apps.
    You can still do this via WiFi.

01-03-09 09:22 PM
    ah great!
    so over wifi I can still access internet by spending ISP data rather than phone carrier's data?
    01-03-09 09:28 PM
    This is all dependent on the Rogers Network which I'm not familiar with. You may want to contact them.
    01-05-09 01:25 PM
    Hello,

I have a BlackBerry Pearl Sapphire with T-Mobile.

I have Unlimited Text Messaging and Unlimited Email in addition to my phone service. I do not believe that I have a "data plan" because I don't pay for it and it doesn't show up on my bill.

I can use Google Reader, Google Search, and load and view most websites including Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, etc.

However I cannot use applications like the Facebook application, the eBay application or Google Maps even though they can be downloaded and installed.

Given this, and the original start to this thread, should I be able to use Google Sync given my plan and what I can do on it? I have loaded Google Sync and get the same "network error message".

I also get a "Java runtime exception" when I try and use GCalSync (yes, I saw all the TCP hints for using this one).

Regards,

Regi
    Last edited by wishful; 01-15-09 at 05:10 PM.
    01-15-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD